- 1. JvR Psychometrics (Pty) Ltd: Terms of Business
- 2. JvR Psychometrics: Processes and Procedures
- 3. JvR Psychometrics: Bureau Services Scoring Service
- 4. JvR Research
- 5. Product Management
In accordance with HPCSA regulations in South Africa, electronic reports, electronic and online assessments and the e-mailing of psychological test results are legally and professionally regulated. In using JvR Psychometrics services, clients must personally ensure their compliance to all national and international regulations and developments in this field.
It must be noted that electronic reports available from JvR Psychometrics do not and cannot replace the professional judgement and the professional and ethical responsibilities of a registered test user. Test results as is included in an electronic report should be judged, interpreted and integrated with other relevant information as is expected from qualified and registered professionals.
JvR Psychometrics as a developer and distributor of assessments and tools, scoring, research and consulting services, values being able to focus on building a body of knowledge based on evidence based psychology.
We are committed to doing research to:
- Validate international assessments (to adhere to legal and best practices principles).
- Develop South African assessments.
- Support clients and their companies in analysing their data to understand human metrics and trends.
- Research is done in adherence to HPCSA best practice and ethical principles. Aggregated and anonymous data is used for statistical and research purposes. For collection of data please refer to the websites, Information Technology and Electronic Services Section of this document (pages 26-33).
In 2004 JvR Psychometrics began publishing a number of South African developed assessments. Over the years this range has grown and we welcome further submissions to add breadth and depth to this range
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Websites
- 3. Intellectual Property Rights
- 4. Warranties and Limitations on Liability
- 5. Privacy and Security
JvR Psychometrics is a company that provides assessment, research and Client Services scoring services. Our focus is on making sure that we provide well researched assessments with proven psychometric characteristics to the Sub Sahara Africa market and beyond. We specialise in making the best assessments used in the Industrial and Organisational, Educational, Clinical and Counselling contexts available to our clients. A number of the assessments we distribute are world renowned and sourced internationally. We take pride in distributing assessments developed by well-known Psychologists, researchers, and academics in South Africa. We also develop and distribute our own assessments.
The JvR Psychometrics website is owned and operated by JvR Psychometrics. These Terms and Conditions govern all access to this website and by visiting and using this it, you indicate that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
These principles should be read with the Terms and Conditions included in the JvR Psychometrics: General Terms and Conditions as well as those of JvR Consulting Psychologists and JvR Academy.
Our Website contains other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. These rights are protected by national and international intellectual property right laws, international treaty provisions and a variety of other laws.
No portion of this website, including text, graphics, photographs, images, audio or video may be copied, modified or used in any other manner without JvR Psychometrics prior permission. Any name, logo, trademark or service mark contained and accessed by this website is either owned or licensed to the JvR Africa Group or JvR Psychometrics. They are protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent and other intellectual property laws, as well as other applicable laws. JvR Psychometrics reserves all rights arising from or related to the website content.
JvR Psychometrics or any other JvR Africa Group’s website information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and information may be changed, updated and/or improved at any time and without notice. JvR Psychometrics provides no assurances that reported problems will be resolved with the use of any information that JvR Psychometrics provides. By furnishing information JvR Psychometrics does not grant any licenses to any copyright, patents or any other intellectual property rights.
There is no warranty on the contents, information or materials on the JvR Psychometrics website. The webiste, its content, and products and services provided or referenced on the website are provided “as is” and without any warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied.
The information included on this website does not constitute, and shall not be considered, the advice, recommendation, assessment or endorsement of JvR Psychometrics. To the extent permitted by law, any statutory or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are completely denied and disclaimed. JvR Psychometrics denies, and disclaims any responsibility for the content of other sites on the internet, which may be linked to this website, or any material of third parties that may be accessed through the website. There is no warranty that:
- Any Site Content or product or service provided or referenced by this website will be complete or accurate on a particular date, will not contain typographical or other errors, will fulfil any of your particular purposes or needs, or will not infringe on any third party rights.
- The operation of this website will be error free or un-interrupted.
- Defects will be corrected.
- The website or any e-mails sent by JvR Psychometrics or on behalf of JvR Psychometrics will be free of viruses or other harmful devices.
- The website will be available to you at all times.
- The products or services offered through the website are available in all jurisdictions. JvR Psychometrics does not imply that the products and services that it presents on the website are available for use in all jurisdictions. JvR Psychometrics does not represent that these products and services will remain available to you or that you will qualify to acquire them.
Information included on the JvR Psychometrics Website may differ from comparable information on other national or international Sites. This may amongst others, refer to minimum qualification levels, certification or accreditation training required or the unavailability of test, programs, services or functionalities in Sub Sahara Africa. Such references may be due to local or regional legislation, contractual requirements and other international laws. Contact JvR Psychometrics for more information.
JvR Psychometrics assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of information that is provided and the use of any information on this website is at the recipients own risk.
JvR Psychometrics is committed to the protection of sensitive and confidential data. We work diligently to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of the Personal Information that we receive. We also appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
We collect only such Personal Information as is necessary to provide our Products or Services to you, inform you about our Products or Services, continue our research in the field and improve our website, Products, Services and your experience of interacting with our company. We do not share your- and other customer information with anyone without asking for your permission.
JvR Psychometrics will not release your name or otherwise publicise the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless:
- We obtain your permission to use your name;
- We first notify you that the materials or other information you submitted to us will be published or otherwise used with your name on it, or
- We are required to do so by law.
The JvR Africa Group strives to be ethically responsible and legally compliant in everything we do. Specific attention is also given to the following legislation:
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997, as amended from time to time (http://www.labour.gov.za/DOL/legislation/acts/basic-conditions-of-employment)
- Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995, as amended from time to time: (http://www.labour.gov.za/DOL/)
- King IV Report as amended from time to time:(http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.iodsa.co.za/resource/resmgr/king_iv/King_IV_Report/IoDSA_King_IV_Report_-_WebVe.pdf)
- POPI Act (http://www.iact-africa.com/support-files/popiactdownloadnocharge.pdf)
- Health Professions Act 56 of 1974, as amended from time to time (http://www.hpcsa.co.za/)