Table of contents
- General Terms of Business
- Completing Assessments
- JVR Africa Group Data Security Policy
- Conditions of Use of the JVR Africa Group Websites
- JVR Africa Group Users of JVR Online
- The Use of Electronic and Online Systems
- Annexure A: JVR Africa Group Terms of Business Definitions
- PAIA Manuals
Introduction to the JVR Africa General Terms of Business
The JVR Africa Group
The JVR Online assessment portal provides you with a professional and secure platform for doing assessments as requested by an appropriately qualified professional who will receive the reports and facilitate feedback with relevant stakeholders. Please ensure that you have accepted and agreed to the consent form where the management and use of your assessment data is specified, at the end of this document.
The JVR Africa Group of Companies (hereafter referred to as “JVR”) provides modern and evidence-based solutions for talent identification, talent optimisation/development, and the alignment of talent with corporate strategy, team interaction, and organisational structure. In this regard, working scientifically and pragmatically with talent data to inform decision-making is core to the work we do with our clients.
JVR Psychometrics provides scientifically validated and applied assessment solutions; JVR Academy provides a variety of facilitated learning solutions; and JVR Consulting Psychologists provides corporate interventions to ensure optimal management of a company’s talent. These products, assessments, facilitated learning, research, and consulting services are also available from JVR People Development in Namibia and JVR Botswana - fully fledged companies domiciled in these regions. Social development work is done through JVR4Youth, relying on the vast body of knowledge, experience, and research that exists in the JVR Africa Group of companies. Relying on our technological capability and client orientation, we are able to provide our talent solutions to individuals and organisations in a legally compliant way with sound commercial and business practices across the globe.
Information on all the services and solutions available from JVR can be obtained during office hours (8:00 - 16:30 SAST time) from our professionally qualified staff by phoning +27 11 781-3705/6/7. Alternatively, you can send an email to
JVR and Compliance
JVR continuously strives to be professional, trustworthy, and ethical in all our business activities. As Southern African companies, compliance to the legislation relevant to doing business in this region is essential. In this regard the following South African legislation is of particular importance and specifically relevant to the kind of work we do (more detailed information is available from
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act, No. 75 of 1997, as amended from time to time: https://www.gov.za/documents/basic-conditions-employment-act
- Labour Relations Act, No. 66 of 1995, as amended from time to time: https://www.gov.za/documents/labour-relations-act
- Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008, as amended from time to time. https://www.gov.za/documents/consumer-protection-act#
- King IV Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa 2016, as amended from time to time: https://www.saica.co.za/Technical/LegalandGovernance/King/tabid/2938/language/en-ZA/Default.aspx
- Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013, as amended from time to time https://www.gov.za/documents/protection-personal-information-act
- Health Professions Act, No. 56 of 1974, as amended from time to time http://www.hpcsa.co.za/
Wherever the JVR Africa Group works with psychological assessments, tools, methods, and information, we seek to uphold the guidelines established by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (“HPCSA”) (nationally) as well as (insofar as practically possible) the British Psychological Association (“BPS”), the International Test Commission (“ITC”), the American Psychological Association (“APA”), and the Association of Test Publishers (“ATP”) on the ethical and appropriate training and use of psychological tests. In cases of conflict amongst these guidelines, the guidelines of the HPCSA will prevail in South Africa.
JVR Office Hours and Contact Details:
The office hours for the JVR Africa Group are from 08:00 to 17:00 on all working days (excluding public holidays, weekends, and over the Christmas break). We are available at our JVR Head Office (15 Hunter Street, Ferndale, Johannesburg), telephonically (27 11 781 3705/6/7) or electronically (
We have a full team of professionally qualified staff to advise and support all existing and new clients on the talent solutions available from JVR. You can schedule a virtual or in-person meeting with us by contacting us telephonically (27 11 781 3705/6/7), sending an email to us (
Please refer to Annexure A for the list of definitions related to the JVR Africa Group Terms of Business.
Scope of the JVR Terms of Business
The General Terms of Business include the business terms applicable to each and all, of the following:
- JVR Africa Group
- JVR Academy
- JVR Consulting Psychologists
- JVR Psychometrics
- JVR People Development Namibia
- JVR Botswana
JVR Africa Group Terms of Business
General Terms of Business
The terms of business specified in this document constitute the basis of, and will be deemed to be included in, every agreement between JVR and the client. It will supersede all previous discussions, proposals, bids, invitations, orders, and other communications, oral or written, save as supplemented or amended in writing and signed by authorised representatives of the parties. No addition or modification of any provision of these Terms of Business will be binding on JVR, unless made in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.
- Unless the context clearly indicates the contrary, reference in this document to any gender includes the other genders, and reference to the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- JVR shall have the right to amend these Terms of Business from time to time, the latest updated version being available for inspection free of charge at the JVR offices, on the JVR websites, or from email@example.com.
- It is the client’s own responsibility to acquaint itself with these Terms of Business prior to requesting any assessments, scoring, research, consulting, training, workshops, or any other services from JVR.
- Except as is expressly provided in these Terms of Business, JVR shall not be liable to the client for any breach or failure to perform any obligation as a result of any force majeure event, including but not limited to technical problems, acts of God, government controls, restrictions or prohibitions, or any other Government act or omission, whether local or national, technical problems, labour disputes, pandemics, restrictions, any act or default of any supplier, agent, or subcontractor, strikes, or work stoppages of any kind, interruption of electricity, telephone or internet services, or any other similar or dissimilar cause insofar as these are beyond JVR‘s control.
- In no event will JVR be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, or special damages arising out of this agreement between any client and the business entities in the JVR Africa Group. JVR is held harmless against all claims, liabilities, demands, damages, or expenses (including all attorney’s fees and expenses) arising out of, or in connection with, the use of assessments or any other products, goods, learning, consulting interventions and services, the technology used, including the websites, online and portal facilities, or services sold or leased by JVR to a client. This indemnity includes the client’s failure to comply and adhere to the local laws, psychological and professional best practice, ethical assessment- and practice guidelines, and these JVR Terms of Business.
- The failure of any JVR business entity to enforce, at any time any of these Terms of Business or any part thereof, or any right with regard thereto, shall in no way be construed to be a waiver of the provisions of such condition or to be an estoppel or novation, or in any way to affect the validity of such condition. Any indulgence towards the client or the relaxing of the provisions of a condition, shall not prejudice the right of JVR to insist on the strict compliance by the client of its undertakings and obligations in terms of these Terms of Business.
- These Terms of Business shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. Both JVR and the client consent to the jurisdiction of the Randburg Magistrate’s Court in respect of the settlement of any dispute and/or claim arising between them, notwithstanding that the amount in dispute or the value of the matter in dispute might otherwise exceed the jurisdiction of such Court, provided that either party shall be entitled to institute legal proceedings in any other South African Court with competent jurisdiction.
Security and Privacy
Please note that the safety and security of all information are very important to JVR. More information on our data security protocols is formulated in our Security and Privacy Policies available on the JVR systems site (https://jvrafricagroup.co.za/terms-and-conditions). This document should be read in conjunction with these and all the other JVR Terms of Business Policies available on this site.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
JVR is well known as developers/owners of content and as the contractual representatives of additional national and international owners of products and content. Intellectual property and copyright are strictly managed according to national and international legislation.
Copyright infringement of restricted material is illegal; it damages the professional standards and credibility of the learning material, assessments, consulting material, and all other products developed or provided by JVR. It also damages the credibility and professionalism of the individuals and professionals who use such copyrighted material. The loss of revenue ultimately also means that fewer resources can be devoted to the continued research and development of the goods, products, and material.
The buyers and users of printed and electronic test, learning, or consulting material accessed or sourced from JVR acknowledge and agree that:
- All goods and services distributed by JVR are protected by intellectual property rights (including trademarks, copyright, patents, and design rights), contractual agreements, and rights of confidentiality. Reproduction of these materials in whole or in part, in any form, or their storage in a database or retrieval system by any process, is prohibited except where expressly permitted by law or by licence.
- The purchase of materials or the use of software or online reports does not grant the client the right to copy or use the material, alter items, create derivative products, deconstruct any product, train others in its use/interpretation, reproduce additional copies, provide confidential and copyrighted information to others - including non-qualified and non-certified people - by any means whatsoever, or enter the same into any kind of information retrieval system including, but not limited to, any form of computer, server, social media, cloud, or internet system.
- The copyright and all the trademarks, trade names, patents, and other intellectual property rights used or embodied in or in connection with the JVR materials, whether owned or contractually represented, including also the manner in which they are presented in all information, documentation, and manuals relating to them, are the property of the developers and copyright owners.
- No trademarks or names of the products can be used as part of any corporate business or trading name of the client. The client shall also not use the trademarks in any way that may bring the reputation of JVR and their business partners into disrepute.
- No translations of any JVR products, learning material, or services may be done without written permission from JVR, which reserves the right to refuse such a request.
- The contents of the assessment products, reports, learning material, research, or consulting solutions obtained or purchased from JVR, in accordance with the South African and international legislation and qualification criteria may constitute trade secrets, which include confidential and proprietary material, information, and procedures. The client will not access, resell, or otherwise distribute materials or authorise or allow disclosure of such content under any circumstances.
- JVR is bound by its author and distribution contracts to take prompt legal action against anyone who violates any intellectual property rights.
- Clients accept absolute responsibility of ensuring full adherence to copyright requirements by themselves, colleagues, and their employer(s) and employees.
Limitation of Liability and Limited Warranty
- JVR does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness of the assessments, products, goods, and services provided by JVR for any particular purpose.
- JVR will not be liable for any failure or delay in performance due in whole or in part to any cause beyond its reasonable control. In no event will JVR nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation or production of any printed works, scored reports, or electronic scoring systems, platforms, or software, training, or services sold by JVR, be liable for any indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of the purchase, use, or application of the materials or services, notwithstanding any other provision or agreement between the client and JVR.
- JVR will not be responsible for the use or misuse of the materials or services offered. The client/test user assumes all responsibility for the use or misuse of the same.
- JVR accepts no responsibility should electronic product assessment or service credits be used and wasted due to client negligence, ignorance, misunderstanding, assumptions, or user errors.
- JVR is not liable for any third-party claims or expenses incurred while using a test, for delays, loss of information, incidental damages, cost of substitute material, or for possible loss of income, grants, profits, reputation, or any other damages.
- The purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event of any defect in materials shall be a refund of the price paid minus courier or shipping costs, administrative and programming costs, and a handling fee. This remedy shall be in lieu of all other remedies and damages, whether actual, consequential, special, incidental, or other.
- JVR reserves the right to withhold the sale of tests, reports, products, learning material, access to online and electronic platforms/websites or services, should the client either have an overdue account(s), or a history of unauthorised use of and access to assessments and information in reports, or learning material and copyright violations, or have provided false information on qualifications and professional registration, or may not have passed an accreditation or certification examination required for access to products and assessments.
- These conditions apply to all orders from JVR for any or all of their products and services and may not be modified unless expressly agreed to in writing by JVR.
JVR Academy: Operational Terms of Business
JVR Academy provides learning and development solutions to individuals and groups. These learning opportunities include international certification training for the use of psychological assessment instruments, continuous professional development workshops and other events for psychology professionals. They also provide a wide variety of skills development workshops and courses in corporate and educational contexts. These events can be hosted in-class, virtually, or digitally.
JVR Academy forms part of the JVR Africa Group and as such, the JVR Africa Group Terms of Business apply in addition to the JVR Academy Terms and Conditions. In case of a conflict, the Group Terms will apply.
Certification, Accreditation, and Continuous Professional Development
JVR Academy continuously develops and hosts a wide variety of learning events and has a variety of requirements for these.
Please note - in general:
- JVR Academy publishes an annual events schedule which is available on JVR Academy's website (https://jvrafricagroup.co.za/academy). The details of the design and content of the events and the prices are correct at the time of publication but are subject to change without notice.
- JVR Academy ensures that any description of the design or content of events is as informative as possible, but it is the client’s responsibility to obtain further information from JVR Academy to ascertain whether, or not, the event is suitable for his or her needs prior to registering and/or paying for the event.
- Confirmation as to whether the scheduled event will take place (which will inter alia be dependent on the number of registrations) will be provided via email to the email address on file, one week prior to the event.
- In both in-person, blended- and virtual training events, clients are expected to be present for the full duration of the training event. For in-class events, flight times should be scheduled accordingly, and enough time should be allowed to travel to the airport. In instances where a client does not attend the event for its full duration due to unforeseen circumstances, JVR Academy may allow the client to complete the training at another time provided that there is space available. Clients will only receive full certification or registration once the full training has been successfully completed. A fee will be charged to cover additional administration and catering costs that are incurred.
- The training on the application and use of psychological tests will comply with current legislation and guidelines for the ethical use of tests and questionnaires as well as the appropriate and required professional training and registration. These guidelines may change from time to time to reflect the most acceptable practices. JVR Academy reserves the right to refuse registration for training or access to any assessment if the client fails to comply with these guidelines.
- The attainment of continuing education units (“CEUs”) as a result of any training provided by JVR Academy does not authorise any professional to practice outside his or her official scope of practice. CEUs are intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals but do not constitute professional training. In South Africa, professionals should be registered with the HPCSA to perform any psychological act. Internationally requirements may differ.
- Regardless of any training received from JVR Academy, clients from outside of South Africa cannot perform any psychological act in South Africa without being registered with the HPCSA. Clients are responsible to ensure that they adhere to the laws, rules, and regulations of the countries in which they are/will be conducting business.
- Attendance of training does not permit the client to train other professionals, unless contracted with the client as part of the JVR Academy Train-the-Trainer programme, where applicable.
- On successful completion of the certification event and the compulsory examination (when required), a JVR Academy certificate will be issued entitling the client to purchase test material from JVR Psychometrics. The certificate will be issued only if full payment of the relevant event has been received and the online evaluation of the event has been completed and received by JVR.
- JVR Academy gives no guarantee that a delegate will, on the completion of a training event or the taking of an examination, obtain the relevant certificate, registration, or certification. Successful completion of such training events requires delegates to demonstrate the required understanding of underlying principles and competence in administration and interpretation/feedback of the instrument(s) concerned, prior to obtaining the relevant certificate, registration, or certification.
- Should clients from time to time be requested to do an examination at home, they will carry full responsibility for returning the examination paper to JVR Academy within a month of the event and in a secure and traceable manner. Clients need to follow up with JVR Academy to ensure that the examination paper has been received by JVR. Clients must write their own exams without assistance from third parties.
In-house Skills Development Events
- JVR Academy provides in-house training services to the client subject to the JVR Academy terms and conditions and only after receipt of a signed written acceptance of the proposal from a client. These in-house services can be delivered face to face, virtually, or digitally, or as a combination.
- The fees as set out in the proposal by JVR Academy are based on JVR Academy’s understanding of the client’s requirements. Additional charges will be due where:
- Any act or omission of the client caused time delays; or
- Additional material or services are required by the client; or
- Additional disbursements such as travel, travelling time, accommodation, and subsistence had to be incurred.
- JVR Academy will forward to the client an invoice for the quoted fee once the client has confirmed acceptance of the proposal and the business terms and conditions. The invoice needs to be paid in full prior to the commencement of the event.
- The client is responsible for arranging a suitable training venue and all catering required in the event of face-to-face training. All costs related to venues and catering that are incurred will be for the account of the client.
- The client must ensure the health and safety of JVR Academy’s employees or subcontractors whilst conducting business, whether on the client’s premises or at another venue.
- JVR Academy reserves the right to charge the client interest and cost of recovery on outstanding payments.
- JVR Academy reserves the right to charge for events cancelled or postponed by the client. Such charges will be in accordance with the policy for postponements and cancellations.
- The client agrees that they shall not copy or amend the learning or test material or do or authorise any other act that may devalue or infringe the copyright or intellectual property of the material.
- JVR Academy shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to appoint subcontractors to provide all or part of the services.
- Registration fees must be paid in full before the start of all events. Payment by credit card or electronic transfer is advised. On receipt of the proof of payment, the booking for the course will be confirmed in writing by JVR Academy. VAT in South Africa is chargeable on all fees regardless of the country of origin or residence of the client. Where events are held in other countries, VAT will be charged as required by the country concerned.
- In the case of clients attending events but whose payment is outstanding or late, the maximum permissible interest will be levied. Payments received after the event will be regarded as late and will attract interest at the current prime overdraft rate of First National Bank, plus 2% per annum, compounded monthly in arrears.
- The cost of a client’s optional overnight accommodation or transport to the event venue is not included in the event fee and clients are expected to make their own accommodation and transport arrangements and payments.
- Where a refund is due to a client and such is caused by the fault of the client, JVR Academy reserves the right to deduct any administrative, catering, bank, or credit card charges from such refund. Where the refund is necessitated through the fault of JVR Academy, no such deductions shall be made.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to JVR Academy.
- Cancellations of more than ten (10) business days before the event will not attract a cancellation fee. Cancellations of between five (5) to ten (10) business days before the start of the event will attract a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations received less than five (5) business days prior to the event will result in a 50% cancellation fee. Clients who do not cancel and do not attend the event will be held responsible for the full fee.
- Pre-event study material must be returned to JVR Academy at the time of cancellation. Postage or courier costs will be for the account of the delegate. The material sent back to JVR Academy should be sealed and unused. JVR Academy will be entitled to repossess any materials that have not been paid for.
- When clients cancel their attendance of any event where psychometric reports had been completed as part of the training prior to the cancellation, the client is responsible for the costs incurred by JVR in respect of the psychometric assessments and feedback.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, JVR Academy reserves the right to cancel any event, change the event content, the speakers, the venue, or the date. A full refund will be issued to clients in respect of cancellation by JVR Academy. JVR Academy will notify the clients as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than five (5) business days before the event if an event had to be cancelled. A full refund will be given upon return to JVR Academy of any pre-event materials already dispatched.
- Delegates are required to confirm with JVR Academy that the event they have registered for will proceed as scheduled before making travel arrangements, as such costs will not be reimbursed.
- For free events in respect of which invitations had been accepted by a client, a no-show fee may be charged to cover the expenses related to event material and catering incurred by JVR Academy.
- JVR Academy reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event without penalty or liability to JVR Academy if there are insufficient bookings, or for reasons outside their control.
- A request by a client to transfer its registration for an event to another date will be deemed as a cancellation of the client’s attendance of the event and will attract appropriate cancellation fees. No refund or credit will be given to clients who registered for an event and do not attend without giving adequate prior written notice.
- Notice of postponement to a later date must be received in writing by JVR Academy at least five (5) business days before the start of the event.
- Only one postponement is allowed per client per event and the alternative date must be provided to JVR Academy within one (1) month of the transfer request, failing which the transfer request will no longer apply and the booking shall be deemed cancelled. In such event, the cancellation fees as set forth in Clause 3.5(b) shall apply and the fees as set forth in Clause 3.5(b) shall be payable in full.
- Substitutions can be accepted without charge, provided that the substitute meets the entrance requirements and has completed any pre-course work. Notice of this must be given in writing to JVR Academy at least one week before the start of the event.
- Events booked within package offerings cannot be substituted by alternative events that do not form part of the package. Refunds do not apply to packaged offerings.
Should it be required that online assessments and/or work be done before the event, this must be done personally by the client attending the event. Instructions as to how this online assessment and/or work should be done will be sent to the client once registration has been confirmed. The client must complete and return the online assessments and/or work at least five (5) business days prior to the start of the event should these be required for certification or certification training. JVR Academy should be notified immediately if the client experiences any problems with accessing the pre-event work and/or assessments. Clients should notify JVR Academy once the online assessments have been completed and submitted.
JVR Consulting Psychologists: Operational Terms of Business
JVR Consulting Psychologists (JVRC) provides consulting services to individuals, teams, and organisations.
JVRC forms part of the JVR Africa Group and as such, the JVR Africa Group Terms of Business apply in addition to the JVR Consulting Psychologists Terms and Conditions. In case of a conflict, the Group Terms will apply.
Terms of Business for Clients
To ensure efficiency, clarity, and focus in the services offered to organisations and others, the following is essential:
Scope of Services
JVRC requires the following in order to provide services to Clients:
- Clear requirements and project scope from the Client in order to compile an appropriate and specific proposal.
- The proposal or quote must be signed off by an authorised representative of the Client.
- The terms of business as well as the proposal specifying costs and services, will be deemed to form the contract between JVRC and the Client and will authorise JVRC to proceed with the relevant preparations needed for providing the service.
- Proposals and quotes specifying costs will be valid for acceptance for 30 days from the date of the proposal. Thereafter the costs, timelines, or nature of the proposal may change.
- Should there be changes in the scope of work that may impact the proposed costs and process, JVRC reserves the right to review the applicable proposal and adapt the quote accordingly.
- Expenses incurred in the course of undertaking the project (travel, accommodation, courier, printing, venue, etc.) will be charged in addition to the professional and other fees. Please note all e-toll fees will be charged at the e-tag rates.
- JVRC reserves the right to renegotiate costs where applicable (e.g., product price increases due to fluctuation in exchange rates).
- A consultant’s day consists of a maximum of 8 hours between 8am to 5pm. Work done after hours, over weekends, or on public holidays will be charged for at higher rates.
Service Delivery Terms
- Assessment booking requests must be submitted, and dates confirmed, in order to have candidates assessed by JVRC. Unless otherwise arranged, candidates will be assessed within three days from responding to the booking request.
- Should a candidate not attend a scheduled, supervised assessment booking or should the Client cancel less than 36 hours prior to the assessment booking, the Client will be invoiced 30% of the quoted assessment costs.
- Should a manager or candidate not attend a scheduled management or individual feedback booking/session, or should the Client cancel less than 36 hours prior to the booked session, this professional session will be invoiced for 50% of the full fee of the session as per the quoted costs.
- Should delegates not arrive for the scheduled intervention such as a facilitated workshop, or if the Client cancels less than 48 hours prior to the intervention, JVRC will invoice the Client for 50% of the workshop fees as per the quoted costs. Any assessments that have been completed by delegates as part of the intervention will be invoiced at the full quoted price.
- Assessment questionnaires will only be made available to identified and known candidates and appropriate measures will be taken to authenticate a candidate’s identity. Psychometric/assessment results from clients who do the assessments remotely and possibly without supervision will have to be verified and interpreted with caution.
- JVRC requires accurate and verified information and in this regard cannot take responsibility for the impact of any inaccurate biographical or other information provided to it. Incorrectly completed/incomplete forms may delay the consulting or assessment process and hence the agreed turnaround time will only apply once the correct information has been confirmed.
- JVRC requires consent from all who provide personal information as part of the services contracted. Such consent and data provided are managed according to POPIA specifications.
- As part of the consulting service offerings, JVRC could utilise the services of various qualified professionals who are able to assist with assessment and other services in some outlying regions. The use of these professional affiliates will be dependent on the location and his/her availability. Additional costs may apply in these cases.
- Unless otherwise specified, JVRC provides a two-day turnaround time for reporting on assessment results. The turnaround time commences once all the biographical and assessment results are available for interpretation.
- Although JVRC endeavours to keep to the above-mentioned generic turnaround times or agreement-specific turnaround times with the Client, JVRC reserves the right to renegotiate these turnaround times for larger and high-volume projects.
- All the assessment results are confidential and intended only for the purpose and use for which JVRC has been contracted by the organisation and has been specified on the individual consent form. Any personal information or the contents of the assessment reports cannot be disclosed to any unauthorised persons.
- JVRC cannot be held responsible for any complaints, disciplinary, or legal action that may arise from individuals or organisations using assessment results for purposes other than originally intended.
- The Client takes full responsibility for securely and confidentially storing their own data, including the personal information received as per contract from JVRC according to national and international legislation.
- Fees may be charged for deleting information or the reprinting, regenerating, or resending of reports to those authorised to receive it.
Invoices and Payment
- Work completed will be invoiced on a project/monthly basis (as the case may be) and is payable within 30 days from the date of invoice, unless otherwise agreed and authorised in writing.
- Upfront payment for assessment material may be required for high-volume projects or to secure a set assessment material fee.
- Payment can be made electronically or by bank deposit. Proof of payment, with the JVRC invoice number as reference, must be emailed to the Accounts Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure correct allocation of payment.
- JVRC reserves the right to withhold services should the Client have overdue accounts.
- On termination or cancellation of any services on the Client’s behalf, JVRC will be entitled to all fees and expenses incurred or accrued and payable by the Client (e.g., assessment material, affiliate fees).
Work Conducted Outside of South Africa
- Each party shall pay its own taxes, duties, or other fees payable to the local authorities.
- An admin fee may be charged on invoices generated in other currencies for countries outside of South Africa.
- The Client is required to send a Withholding Tax Certificate (WTC) to JVRC within 30 days.
- JVRC does not charge VAT to Clients located in countries outside of South Africa.
- Whilst JVRC’s employees or affiliates are working on the Client’s premises, the Client will ensure the health and safety of those persons.
- Except for payment obligations, non-performance of either party shall be pardoned to the extent that performance is rendered impossible, insofar as these are beyond JVRC’s control, or for any reason where failure to perform is beyond the reasonable control of the non- performing party and not due to its fault or negligence.
- The failure of JVRC to enforce at any time any of these Terms of Business or any part thereof, or any right with regard thereto, shall in no way be construed to be a waiver of the provision of such condition or to be an estoppel or novation, or in any way to affect the validity of such condition. Any indulgence towards the client or the relaxing of the provisions of a condition shall not prejudice the right of JVRC to insist on the strict compliance by the client of its undertakings and obligations in terms of these Terms of Business.
Terms of Business for Candidates
To ensure efficiency, clarity, and focus on the services offered to candidates who are nominated to do assessments or participate in facilitated consulting sessions, the following is essential:
- In accordance with national and international legislation, should an originally and verified signed assessment consent form not be received by JVRC, the assessment and consulting processes will not commence and/or continue.
- Access to printed assessment questionnaires or electronic assessments links will only be made available to known candidates and all reasonable measures will be taken to authenticate a candidate’s identity.
- It is in the candidate’s best interest to complete assessments truthfully, without the use of unauthorised assistance, and under supervision.
- Candidates must adhere strictly to copyright law and under no circumstances photocopy, translate, make screenshots, alter, paraphrase items, distribute, publish, or otherwise reproduce answer forms, test booklets, or manuals.
- All personal information and assessment results are managed by JVRC according to POPIA requirements and cannot be made available without consent.
- JVRC cannot be held responsible for complaints, disciplinary, or legal actions that may arise from individuals or organisations using assessment results for purposes other than intended.
- Candidates have the right to receive feedback on the assessments they have completed from their appropriately qualified and certified/accredited service provider. The candidate will however be responsible for such feedback payment if the cost of the feedback is not authorised by the client organisation/service provider. It is advised that the service provider contract JVR to provide the feedback at a negotiated fee if they do not have the appropriately trained staff - or enough staff to do so.
JVR Psychometrics Terms of Business
JVR Psychometrics, as member of the JVR Africa Group takes specific responsibility for the development, distribution, research, combinations of, and innovation of assessment-related solutions. Some of our products are available in printed format but mostly the products/assessments are hosted on electronic platforms. These platforms provide fast and efficient, yet secure, assessment administration and scoring solutions.
JVR Psychometrics forms part of the JVR Africa Group and as such, the JVR Africa Group Terms of Business apply in addition to the JVR Psychometrics Terms and Conditions. In case of a conflict, the Group Terms will apply.
Legal Compliance and Professional Standards
JVR Psychometrics gives ongoing and urgent attention to ensuring compliance to all legislation, including the POPI Act. Principles of national and international best practice are sourced from the HPCSA, APA, BPS, ITC, ATP, and a variety of other professional entities. Of particular importance, given JVR’s role as distributor, is compliance to the contractual specifications of the owners and distributors of national and international products/assessments and related electronic platforms.
Not all assessments are psychological in nature, but in South Africa the use of psychological assessments are specifically, strictly regulated. The requirements and use of assessments vary widely across the world and users of assessments sourced from JVR should ensure strict compliance to local legislation wherever the assessments may be used. The requirements and specifications of the owners/distributors of assessments should also be adhered to.
Purchasing Psychological Assessments from JVR Psychometrics:
- In order to be registered as a psychological assessment user at JVR, South African clients must comply with the local legislation, which specifies that only registered psychology professionals in good standing with the HPCSA may have access to, apply, and interpret psychological assessments and tests.
- Clients who wish to purchase assessments may be required to attend and successfully complete accreditation or certification training before access to such products are allowed. Such training is offered by JVR Academy, and more detail is available in their Terms of Business.
- Having attended certification or accreditation training elsewhere in the world does not automatically allow users of such psychological assessments to use such assessments in South Africa. South African law specifies that to access, apply, use, interpret, and provide feedback on psychological assessments in South Africa require registration with the HPCSA.
- The client as an individual or as representative of a business entity, accepts full responsibility for the assessment and related material obtained from JVR, which include the assessments and its items, the administration, scoring, interpretation, feedback, consolidated use, access and use of data, use of the electronic platform, and safekeeping of the assessments and assessments results according to all relevant laws (e.g. POPIA) and professional and ethical best practice (HPCSA, APA, BPS, etc).
- The assessments and related material published, distributed, or scored by JVR are only available to those clients who remain in adherence to the principles of proper, ethical, and appropriate test use, and JVR reserves the right to disallow access should any client violate legislation or ethical and professional best practice.
- Any assessment, learning material, and other support material provided to or purchased by the test user are licenced for his/her professional use only. In this regard the client or test user shall not licence, resell, lend, sublicence, exchange, give, sell, or otherwise transfer or dispose restricted materials to third parties or act as agent, distribution channel, or stockist of the restricted materials, other than providing them to individuals in order for those individuals to be assessed under the registered user’s supervision; and shall indemnify and reimburse JVR fully in the event that JVR or JVR’s licensors suffer any losses, claims, liabilities, damages, expenses, or costs as a result (whether direct or indirect) of any breach by the client or test user of such warranties and undertakings.
- Should a professionally registered and certified user of assessments obtained from JVR move to a new employer and it be deemed inappropriate to take with him/her any tests or scoring methodology obtained or purchased from JVR, it is the purchaser and user’s responsibility to ensure that the material and its scoring is not left unsupervised or in the care of unqualified, unregistered, uncertified persons. In the event should there be no other qualified and accredited individuals at the organisation who may be entrusted with the restricted material, the client should contact JVR Psychometrics to discuss alternative solutions.
- JVR cannot be held liable for clients using and applying psychological assessments in contravention of South African law.
- The client hereby indemnifies and holds harmless JVR, its employees, agents, or representatives against any, and all claims of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising (including but not limited to breach of contract and negligence) for injury, loss, damage, and harm to a person and/or property of the client, the client’s employees, agents, and/or representatives of the organisation.
JVR Psychometrics Business Operations
The following provide guidelines on the JVR Psychometrics business operations.
Prices and Quotes
- JVR Psychometrics endeavours to keep all published product/assessment prices consistent throughout the year, with annual adaptations typically done in January to February of each year. JVR however reserves the right to adapt prices, quotes, and proposals at any time during the year depending on exchange rate fluctuations or changes in for instance product, printing, import, shipping costs, or new or increased government import and other taxes.
- Local prices are charged in South African Rands (ZAR). In Africa and elsewhere prices are charged for in US Dollars (USD). Prices in either monetary unit are subject to change without prior notice.
- Quotations are always valid for 30 days from the date of the quote.
Orders and Delivery
- Orders for electronic or printed assessment and support material can be placed during office hours by phoning +27 117813705/6/7 or sending an email to email@example.com
- Certified proof of academic qualifications, professional registration and, in some cases, attendance of and qualification obtained from accreditation and certification training, may need to be confirmed when placing an order at JVR Psychometrics.
- Any change in contact details, employer, or professional registration details of existing clients must be communicated to JVR Psychometrics in writing within 15 days following such change to allow JVR to update its files and redirect information and/or invoices.
- JVR Psychometrics cannot guarantee the availability of all stock at all times. Electronic credits or printed test material may for instance be discontinued or temporarily unavailable. JVR Psychometrics will, in such cases, suggest alternative options where possible.
- Should printed stock not be available on order, it will be classified as a back order and may take up to three (3) weeks to become available. JVR will however endeavour to shorten the period if at all possible.
- Any order placed by a client will be deemed to be an offer by the client to seek a licence to obtain the material subject to the existing business terms and conditions.
- Courier services used for the delivery of printed material to regional outlying areas cannot be guaranteed within 48 hours. These services are dependent on the availability of courier services to that region. Please also note that any changes made by clients directly with the courier services, subsequent to a package being sent by JVR Psychometrics, will incur additional costs and this will be allocated to the client’s account.
- Where the material ordered includes electronic credits, the client accepts that he is entitled to use this only in accordance with the applicable and appropriate licences, laws, accreditation, qualification, and best practice requirements.
- JVR Psychometrics has the right to deny access to test material to those clients who, for instance, either do not have the required professional registration, or are no longer in good standing with the Professional Board, or do not comply with relevant legal and professional requirements, or have a history of proven copyright violations, or who do not comply with laws related to the confidentiality of personal information, or who misrepresent their qualifications, or who obtained certification from unauthorised entities, or do not pay their accounts timeously, or who make photocopies and violate copyright, or make restricted assessments available to non-qualified people.
Invoicing and Payment
- In South Africa, JVR Psychometrics is required to add VAT at the standard rate to the cost of all material and services.
- Invoices will be made out to the Certified User as client, who takes full responsibility for payment.
- Invoices to the client will be generated immediately after a purchase or rendering of a service. Under no circumstances will invoices be held back for any reason.
- The invoice will specify the product or service purchased from JVR Psychometrics. Disbursements and costs such as VAT, postage, courier costs, or insurance costs will be separately specified on the invoice.
- JVR Psychometrics will not invoice third party clients.
- JVR Psychometrics’ terms, for those with accounts, are strictly 30 days from date of invoice. Accounts overdue will be placed on hold, handed over for legal action, and in extreme cases such clients may be blacklisted.
- A client who has not purchased material for 2 years or more, will be considered a new client when an order is received.
- Should prices previously provided to the client be incorrect, JVR reserves the right to adjust the invoice accordingly.
- Purchase order numbers and an issued copy of the purchase order need to be provided to JVR Psychometrics before ordering. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that such purchase order numbers are correct and valid to ensure payment is received within 30 days. The client remains responsible for the purchase of the material. JVR Psychometrics reserves the right to blacklist clients who purchase with no budget, exceed their budget, or provide inaccurate purchase order numbers.
- Proof of payment, with the JVR Psychometrics invoice number as reference or client account number, must be emailed to JVR Psychometrics to ensure correct allocation of payments made. If a remittance advice has not been received, the client remains liable for the full amount.
- JVR Psychometrics reserves the right to revoke existing credits on a client’s portals to compensate for outstanding amounts owing to JVR Psychometrics without prior arrangement/approval.
- New South African and international clients, without a JVR Psychometrics account, are initially required to pay upfront in full for the tests, material, or services required from JVR Psychometrics.
- New clients who wish to open an account at JVR Psychometrics will be required to give permission for a full credit check. Opening of a client credit account will only be available to clients subject to credit approval.
- Certain circumstances (special orders) may require a deposit of 50%. JVR Psychometrics reserves the right to retain the deposit for any material imported or obtained but not collected by the client.
- A discretionary rule may be applied by JVR Psychometrics that orders of less than R1,000.00 must be paid in cash (EFT or credit card) before material will be made available.
- For clients, both national and international, that have not (yet) been approved by JVR Psychometrics to open an account, the psychometric and other assessments, whether printed or electronic, will only be released once the order form has been signed, the purchase order number has been received and full payment has been cleared by the bank. Proof of payment should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- JVR Psychometrics cannot be held responsible for governmental levies or taxes for countries outside South Africa. These costs will be for the client’s account.
- Discounts are allowed at JVR’s discretion as it depends on the sale value as well as the payment terms.
- All personal information obtained in placing an order or opening an account at JVR will be managed in compliance with legislation. The JVR policies on Safety and Security of Data are available on our website https://jvrafricagroup.co.za/ and on request from the
Claims and Returns
The South African Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008, allows the right to redress or a fair settlement of just claims. In this regard the JVR Psychometrics Terms of Business specify the following:
- Material that clients wish to return to JVR Psychometrics must be returned immediately and by traceable means. JVR Psychometrics reserves the right to charge a 25% handling fee on any return, be it printed material or electronic reports. The cost of importing the material, the taxes paid, as well as all the courier costs incurred, will be for the client’s account.
- Should a client place an order that is signed for special import and then not take delivery thereof, JVR Psychometrics reserves the right to charge a 25% handling fee and/or retain the 50% deposit should this be applicable. All costs associated with the import of the material, including taxes and courier costs, will be for the client’s account.
- Should clients wish to return electronic credits/tokens, it must be done within 30 days of date of purchase. No reimbursements will be considered without proof that the payment was received and accepted by the bank into JVR Psychometrics’ account.
- Claims on discontinued credits will not be accepted. Such credits will be regarded as expired.
- All claims should be in writing and the invoice and client account numbers need to be specified. Full motivation for the return with signed authority from the authorised user must be included. Claims for printed assessments material despatched to the clients should be received by JVR Psychometrics:
- Within 3 days of receipt of materials in respect of damage or discrepancies between materials ordered and materials received
- Within 1 week of dispatch in respect of non-delivery
- Within 1 week of dispatch in respect of defective materials
- Please note:
- No claims can be made retrospectively
- No returns will be accepted after two weeks
- JVR Psychometrics will not be liable for any claims unless we are notified within the appropriate time as set out above and the unwanted materials are returned in excellent sellable condition. No material will be accepted for return without prior notice, full reasons for the return, authority from the person who purchased it, as well as the original invoice.
- No refund or credit will be made in respect of materials received by JVR Psychometrics in a damaged, used, or unsaleable condition. JVR Psychometrics cannot accept returns of older out-of-print or discontinued products.
- Kits and other materials, as well as material sold at a discount, must be returned in their entirety. Partial returns will not be accepted.
- JVR Psychometrics cannot take responsibility for the loss of material or electronic credits due to client negligence.
- JVR Psychometrics’ liability for non-delivery, incorrect delivery, or delivery of defective materials will be limited. Should the client have provided erroneous information or fail to collect/receive the material, JVR Psychometrics reserves the right to fully charge for the order and all costs incurred.
- Returns accepted will only be for credit against the client’s JVR Psychometrics account. No cash refunds will be made under any circumstances.
- It is a condition of sale that possession of materials does not transfer to the client until full payment for all material and services have been received by JVR Psychometrics. If payment is not received by its due date, JVR Psychometrics will block the account, may repossess any materials that have not been paid for, and hand over the outstanding amounts for legal action. Electronic material access through portals or any other methodology will be blocked. All legal fees will be for the client’s account.
- Selling of assessment material only implies selling the right to use the material. Ownership and intellectual property remain that of the owner/developer, which rights are represented by JVR Psychometrics as the distributor.
Client Service, Assessment Platforms, and Support
- The Client Services team support clients using the JVR and a variety of other online administration, scoring, and reporting platforms. Their services include, for instance, the sale of electronic credits, supporting clients with their use of the platforms, helping clients with project managing the roll-out of large scale/high volume assessment projects, enabling access to data, and the generation of a wide variety of reports.
- In accordance with the POPIA and HPCSA regulations in South Africa, electronic reports, electronic and online assessments, data, and the emailing of psychological and other test results are legally and professionally regulated and protected. JVR Client Services complies with such regulations (Please refer to the JVR Security of Data and Privacy Policies).
- JVR Psychometrics will use its best endeavours to ensure accurate scoring, reporting, and rendering of assessments and assessment results. JVR Psychometrics can however not warrant that any, and all, reports will be complete and accurate.
- The client indemnifies JVR Psychometrics or JVR Psychometrics’ licensors and agrees to hold them harmless from any losses, claims, liabilities, damages, expenses, and costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) whether direct or indirect, with respect to any claims made by a third party against any of them in relation to the provision of the computer and electronic scored credits, reports, or data.
- In using JVR Psychometrics’ services, clients take absolute responsibility of ensuring their own compliance with all relevant legislation and best practices with regards to the use and interpretation of assessment results and data.
- The client shall indemnify JVR Psychometrics in respect of any claims made by a third party against JVR Psychometrics or JVR Psychometrics’ licensors in relation to the provision of the computer and electronic scored reports by JVR to a client, where the test takers were requested to do the assessments without standard assessment procedures, appropriate feedback, or in violation of the ethical guidelines of the HPCSA, APA, BPA, or other relevant regulating bodies.
- The client shall not use software, or other electronic facilities provided by JVR Psychometrics to provide a scoring service to third parties who are not accredited with JVR Psychometrics and are not appropriately trained/registered.
- The client shall not create derivatives of the JVR Psychometrics assessments, reports, and software, and may not utilise such in the provision of their own scoring services.
Purchasing Electronic Credits
Where a client purchases electronic credits, which includes the provision by JVR Psychometrics of an electronic platform (portal) on which the administration, scoring, and reporting can be done, the following shall apply:
- Orders for being set up on electronic platforms and purchasing credits can be done during office hours by sending an email to email@example.com
- Certified proof of academic qualifications, professional registration, and, in some cases, attendance of, and qualification obtained from accreditation and certification training, will need to be confirmed when placing an order for electronic credits at JVR Psychometrics.
- To use the software scoring and electronic credits, certain technical requirements relating to hardware and software must be met. Details are available from the Client Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic credits purchased from JVR Psychometrics for access to the use and scoring of assessments should under no circumstances be made available or resold to persons not qualified to use the products.
- JVR Psychometrics cannot support clients who use derivative software systems or software that has been discontinued.
- JVR Psychometrics is not an IT support company and cannot, under any circumstances take responsibility for the software, hardware, internet connections, and general IT infrastructure specific to the context of any client.
- Invoicing for, and returns of, all purchases of electronic credits, services provided, and licences are as per points 5.4 and 5.5 of this document
Ongoing Support to Clients
JVR regards compliance to all legislation and professional and ethical best practice as of the highest priority. At a time where the vast majority of assessments are accessed through technological devices, it is essential to note the following:
- JVR Psychometrics cannot guarantee uninterrupted technical services given the need to continuously maintain, service, update, integrate, optimise, or add more functionality to JVR’s systems.
- Wherever changes or updates to JVR’s systems are made, JVR will endeavour to do so at times that will least affect our clients, provide notifications when maintenance is planned, possible interruptions are expected, or changes to assessment scoring websites will occur.
- JVR will be available during office hours (except weekends, public holidays, or a few days over the Christmas break) for advice and telephonic support. New clients will also be supported to set up their electronic administration and scoring facility.
- Orders of assessment tokens or reports will be made available within 24 hours of receiving a request. This is dependent on JVR Psychometrics having received and verified all the necessary, and accurate information required to set up the assessment facility. Inaccurate, incomplete, or unverified information may affect the turnaround time. The client accepts full responsibility for providing full, accurate, and verified information.
- JVR Psychometrics reserves the right to block any usage of the online platform/s and provision of credits if accounts are not fully paid within 30 days or ethical or legal complaints are received with regards to usage of the system and the assessments.
- JVR Psychometrics retains the right to charge for additional services such as project management, record keeping, data analysis, research, evaluation of products, developing documentation, and retrieval of reports.
- The provision of consent by the JVR client to include their information in the JVR CRM system is core to compliance to the POPIA. The purpose of such inclusion is to be able to do ongoing client support. Where the client does not want to give consent or have their information deleted from the CRM, the request plus a motivation can be sent to the email@example.com
- In compliance to the POPIA principles JVR reserves the right to retain depersonalised and aggregated data from online platforms for research and statistical purposes.
- In compliance with HPCSA principles JVR has the responsibility to securely retain assessment results for 7 years.
Completing an assessment on JVR Online
Purpose of the JVR Online Assessment Portal
The JVR Online assessment portal provides you with a professional and secure platform for doing assessments as requested by an appropriately qualified professional who will receive the reports and facilitate feedback with relevant stakeholders. Please ensure that you have accepted and agreed to the consent form where the management and use of your assessment data is specified, at the end of this document.
Please read all these Terms of Business of Use carefully
These Terms of Business govern your use of the JVR Online website and the websites this site may be linked to in order to access a range of assessments. By clicking on ‘I accept’ below, you confirm that you have read these Terms of Business and that you agree to be bound by them.
If you are a parent or guardian of an underaged child, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Business in your capacity as parent or guardian. By clicking ‘I accept’ you are also providing consent for your child to complete one or more assessment(s). Please remain with your child to provide assistance if necessary, but do not answer the questionnaire for your child.
You have been provided a link by a qualified and trained practitioner for the purpose of completing one or more assessment(s). You understand that participation in completing the assessment is voluntary. In accordance with relevant legislation and best practice principles, all personal information will be kept confidential and secure. The username that you create during the registration process will be sent to the email address provided, but you will need to make a note of your password as this will not ever be transmitted to you. Please note that the personal and biographical information gathered during the assessment process will not be used for any marketing purposes.
You agree not to provide the link/access given to you to any other person for any reason whatsoever. You agree that you are responsible for providing accurate and complete information when completing the assessment(s). You agree to use and access the website in a manner that will not disrupt, corrupt, or otherwise damage the website or violate the copyright of the assessments. Accordingly, the website and assessments shall not be used in a manner that is prohibited by law. Use of the website and assessments is subject to your compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in the country.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child completing assessment(s), you are responsible for advising the respondent of the importance of providing accurate and complete answers and acting in compliance to all laws.
‘Personal information’ is information about an identifiable individual.
As part of the assessment process, you will be requested to provide certain personal information which will be used for the purposes of scoring, analysing, interpreting, and reporting on the assessment results. You acknowledge that the JVR Africa Group has no control or influence over your administrator’s use of the assessment results, your information, or the reports generated after your completion of the assessment.
Data collected and received by JVR in connection with the delivery of assessments is transmitted and stored on private and secure servers nationally and internationally. They are compliant to the legislation required internationally and per region.
The JVR employees and those of its service providers who require access to such personal information for the purposes of their duties may have access to this file. JVR and such service providers may be located outside your jurisdiction of residence and such personal information may be transferred to such jurisdiction and be subject to the laws of such jurisdiction.
The internet is a global environment. By using our sites and sending information to us electronically, you consent to transborder and international transmission of any personal information collected or processed through our sites.
JVR is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information transmitted on this website and it employs technology that secures the information and prevents unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. JVR employs advanced security systems that employs encryption technology to protect the transmission of information on this website. You acknowledge that the internet is not an absolutely secure medium, and the privacy of your information, communications, and visits to this website cannot be absolutely guaranteed.
The file containing your personal information will be kept on JVR servers and our employees and those of our service providers who require it for the purposes of their duties may have access to this file. JVR and other service providers may be located outside your jurisdiction of residence and your personal information may be transferred to such jurisdiction and be subject to the laws of such jurisdiction.
No Warranty on Contents, Information, or Materials
The information included in this website does not constitute, and shall not be considered, the advice, recommendation, assessment, or endorsement of JVR. JVR shall not be liable for any claims based on the use of any of the assessments. The assessments and other contents of the website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis only. To the extent permitted by law, any statutory or implied warranty of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose are denied and disclaimed.
Copyright, Logos, and Trademarks
JVR is the copyright owner of this website and representative of the owners of copyrighted assessments on this website. These rights are protected by international intellectual property right laws, international treaty provisions, and other applicable national laws. No portion of this website, including assessment information and resources, text, images, audio, or video may be copied, modified, photographed, downloaded, or used in any manner without JVR’s prior written permission. The unauthorised use of all or part of this website or of the assessments is strictly prohibited and may result in the violation of a variety of laws also including copyright, trademarks, privacy, and publicity rights.
These Terms of Business shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of South Africa and the laws of the territory of the owners of assessments represented on this website.
No failure of JVR, or any other assessment owners to exercise any rights, powers, or remedies hereunder, or its delay to do so shall constitute a waiver of these rights, powers, or remedies. If any provision of these Terms of Business is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this provision will be deemed severed from the remainder of the Terms of Business, which will remain valid and enforceable.
JVR’s commitment to protecting and respecting privacy is done in compliance with current data protection legislation, including the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, EU 2016/679) as it relates to South African legislation, and the rules, regulations, and ethical principles of the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). For further information regarding compliance specific to these elements or national and international law, please contact us at: +27 (0) 11 781 3705/6/7 during office hours or send an email to:
Structure of the Policy
Specific attention is given to issues such as:
- Collection of information
- Information and data security
- No information shared
- Personal information alteration
- Retention of data
- Third party websites
- Transmission of information
- Web security
- Contact information
Collection of Information
At JVR, we use information received from clients to ensure excellence in the delivery of our services, assessments, training, learning solutions, and consulting processes. Our aim is to continuously improve our products and services, particularly also our online offering to clients. The information we rely on can be categorised as information provided to us by clients, and information obtained automatically.
Information provided by the client
We receive and store the information that you provide through interactions with us and when you enter information on our online platforms. The information can originate from forms that you complete when you open an account, order material, submit qualification criteria, request information, ask for quotes, do assessments, participate in consulting interventions, register for training, sign up for JVR events and promotions, or report a problem. The information required on these forms may include personal contact information (identity, data, and contact details), demographic and biographical information, financial and transactional data, product purchase history, and other essential information required for JVR’s governance, business analytics, and the delivery of our assessment-, training-, and consulting services. We limit the use of the information obtained from you to the tasks required for governance, delivering the product(s) and service(s) requested, and the optimisation of our processes and services to our clients.
Some of our assessment and service sites may specifically collect information related to age, gender, race/ethnicity, education, and occupation when it is relevant to the services provided. When such personal information is submitted, it is processed for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us. You may choose not to provide certain information, however, your decision not to provide certain information may limit the use of the products and services available to you.
On occasion we collect a special category of data from respondents who take our questionnaires and surveys for research purposes. Such a special category data collection study is clearly communicated, and participation is optional and requires consent. The data is used in aggregated and anonymised form for research and product development purposes. No personal data will or can be disclosed since no person is identifiable from such data.
Information obtained automatically
The JVR websites obtain information that is automatically generated by a user’s Internet Service Provider (ISP. This information may include the internet protocol (IP) address, domain types, the browser type used to access the JVR sites, the location of the ISPs’ servers, the pages of the JVR sites that a user views during the visit, any search terms entered on the sites, the website address and email address of a user, and any other information transmitted by the user. This information may be collected for system administration purposes, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on the site, for technical support, and to improve the JVR websites by responding to customer/client interests and needs. JVR does not link IP addresses to personal information on our website. We do, however, reserve the right to link the IP addresses and other information supplied by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) to personally identifiable information if it is required to protect the integrity of our systems and for security purposes.
Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your computer’s browser, which are used by many websites to perform a variety of functions, such as remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a specific website.
The website uses a cookie for Cross-site request forgery protection and creates an X-XSRF-TOKEN in a user’s browser. This is simply to provide an extra layer of protection against cyberattacks. It doesn’t track users’ personal data.
For the search Application Protocol Integration (API), JVR uses Algolia and more specifically, their search analytics feature. When a user makes a search request, two things are logged:
- Their IP address.
- Whole search request (query parameters, query, headers, etc.).
This data is processed internally by Algolia for services like monitoring and analytics (which sends weekly analytics reports on the terms people have searched for to the JVR webmaster, but not their identifying data like IP). Algolia deletes all logs after 90 days. JVR does not use the Algolia ‘Click and Conversion Analytics’, so no uniquely identifying attributes are collected.
JVR also uses the following services for the management of Cookies:
- Google Analytics to monitor and analyse interaction on the website. Google Analytics collects a vast majority of user data, including their IP address (which can be anonymised with adding a parameter to a piece of code if this is required), pages visited, time spent on pages, browser, and operating system, etc.
- Collects personal information via the marketing hub’s forms, which saves their data in our CRM system, such as name, surname, phone number, and email address. We only use this to create leads and request appropriate consent for collecting this information.
No Information Shared
At JVR, we are committed to maintaining a healthy and trusted relationship with our clients and we value the information provided on all our online platforms. We do not share client information with third parties for purposes outside the scope of the products and services we provide. We will not release, sell, or distribute personal information to any third party, unless it is required to do so by law, in the course of a merger or acquisition, or with consent from the individual to whom the personal information pertains. We do not share, sell, or rent any personal information to third parties for promotional use. We may, however, at our sole discretion disclose information to protect JVR or third-party property rights, should the information be essential for the public or safety of an individual, and to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, to comply with the law, or comply with a lawful request by public authorities, such as may relate to national security or law enforcement requirements.
Information and Data Security
We strive to protect the security of information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information on the protected sites where information is provided. For secure data transmission between websites, the latest Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol is used, which works with the most current web browsers, encrypting information exchanged over a network, and protecting against disclosure to third parties.
How we keep your data secure
At JVR, we are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of personal information. In this regard we ensure the security and integrity of personal information through a variety of industry standard security measures which include administrative, physical, technical, and organisational procedures and measures. This is to ensure the protection of personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, and possible misuse. These integral measures are consistently reviewed and updated to ensure the security and protection of all personal information.
Our IT infrastructure and applications are built to provide secure deployment of our products and services, encrypted storage of backup data with end user privacy safeguards, encrypted communications between services, and safe operations by clients.
Our staff, associates, and consultants are bound to comply with confidentiality provisions and privacy statements, in addition to completing mandatory privacy and data protection training. We have numerous policies that specifically address responsibilities and expected behaviour with respect to the protection of confidential information.
Respondent data is only available and accessible by selected JVR employees that support and administer the scoring- and report-generation systems, including our web-based scoring and delivery platform. Respondent data is accessed on a need-to-know basis only.
We have procedures for incident management and breach investigation and notification. Where our impression of the likely risk to the individuals involved concludes that a breach of personal data may result in risk to the rights and freedom of individuals, we shall promptly inform the individuals and legal authority of such a breach, as is required by law and in accordance with any contractual terms.
When you sign up to use our online platforms, we provide you with a username and password that enables you to access certain parts of the online services, account information, recent purchases, or products and services. These passwords provide limited rights, such as accessing, reviewing, and updating information only. All payment transactions are processed directly by the JVR Accounts Department and through a gateway provider, and credit card information is not stored or processed on any of our servers.
You are urged to also take personal responsibility for protecting yourself against unauthorised access to your access information and passwords on your personal account and computer. Be sure to sign off when finished working on any of our online systems, particularly when using a shared computer.
Retention of data
At JVR, we keep personal information for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and as required by law.
We are bound by South African legislation (The Health Professions Act No. 56 of 1974) to keep psychological test data for a minimum of five to seven years. Such data is securely archived. We only retain your current personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data is collected, including for the purposes of satisfying the needs of legal, organisational, third party, accounting, or reporting requirements. Thereafter it is archived. The periods for which we retain specific data are set out in our POPI Policy: Data Retention and Destruction.
JVR websites are protected by the Transport Layer Security (TLS 1.2) encryption protocol and are secured to ensure that users are browsing our websites in a secure manner. We utilise security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its websites, email, and mailing lists. Although no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely, secure we are committed to protecting all personal data and any information transmitted to us.
Third Party Websites
Please note that JVR bears no responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of websites that may be linked to any JVR website or to companies that may provide additional products or services. Please refer to those organisations’ specific privacy policies to learn how they collect, use, and disclose information.
Transmission of Information
Data collected and received by JVR in connection with the delivery of assessments, training services, and consulting interventions is transmitted and stored with a third-party Cloud Services Provider (CSP). The internet is a global environment, and by using our sites and sending information to JVR electronically you consent to transborder- and international transmission of any personal information collected or processed through our sites.
Data and Personal Information Transfer
For the purposes of scoring assessments, JVR may share assessments, responses, and limited personal information with third parties, some of whom may be located outside South Africa. Such processing functions are managed by national and international companies who comply with POPIA (nationally) and GDPR legislation (internationally). We remain vigilant that such compliance remains.
Data collected and received by JVR in connection with the delivery of assessments will be transmitted and stored in South Africa, in some cases the United States or Australia, and in certain circumstances in Europe, with a third-party Cloud Service Provider (CSP).
At JVR, we share your data in the form of report output with the practitioner who is duly qualified, professionally registered, or appointed to work with the assessment or report output data. Such a qualified party is professionally and legally bound to working with your results in an ethical, confidential, and legally compliant manner.
The practitioner may also share the results (or a summary thereof) with another practitioner or professional services team that is involved in the process that uses the assessment results, provided that you are informed that this will occur and that you have agreed by providing written consent.
Alteration of Personal Information
Please note that you can always choose not to provide information to JVR, although this could impact on our ability to provide products and services. In the event that you require your personal information to be updated, changed, transferred, deleted, or removed, this request needs to be made to the JVR Information Officer (
Since the majority of JVR communication is conducted via email, you have the option to unsubscribe from any email correspondence or listings, and in doing so will no longer receive any further email communications. We also allow data subjects or respondents to opt out of JVR assessment- and services site links at any time after they have initiated the assessment process. Doing so may however impact on JVR or a professional’s ability to provide the required products and services.
We do assess and provide e-learning and various services for children. Confidentiality of their information is managed according to all legal specifications, specifically also the best practice guidelines and ethics of the HPCSA and the POPIA.
Security and Privacy
Please note that the JVR data security protocols are formulated in our Security and Privacy Policies available on the JVR systems site. This document should be read in conjunction with these- and all the other JVR Terms of Business Policies available on this site.
JVR Africa Group Data Security Policy
The JVR Africa Group respects, values, and protects all personal data collected through in person and electronic commerce practices, with the highest level of security. We agree to use such information for the purposes outlined when collected and to hold such information within the strictest confidence as is prescribed by the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa), the South African POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), and the international GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) as it is relevant and aligned to local legislation and doing business across borders. This applies to both online and offline information that are collected and used in the course of running our businesses, delivering our services, and through the activities in which we are involved.
The data centre facilities where our servers are hosted are secure and access controlled. All equipment and servers are located in secure locked cabinets within biometrically controlled areas. Comprehensive perimeter and building security are in place, with ‘zones within zones’ for multiple levels of security. Specifically, pre-authorisation is required for access. Visitor identity is confirmed visually, with additional biometric confirmation. Service areas are physically separate from data centre areas. There is also continuous video surveillance of all zones and cabinets, and comprehensive audit logs on all access. All cabinets have unique locks, ensuring that only approved personnel have access per zone area.
Access to on-site JVR servers is controlled and strictly monitored. Only authorised personnel have keys.
JVR conducts background and security screening for all personnel prior to qualification as administrators. Furthermore, JVR communicates its information security policies to its personnel and provides privacy and security training.
JVR servers use Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 128/256-bit for data-in-transit and data-at-rest encryptions to secure its data. For secure data transmission between websites, the latest Transport Layer Security (TLS 1.2) protocol is used, which works with the most current web browsers, encrypting information exchanged over a network and protecting against disclosure to third parties during transmission of data. To prevent data tampering, data-at-rest encryption is used to maintain data integrity. This includes data transmission via email and via integration with client platforms utilising an Application Protocol Integration (API) interface.
Transactions between systems and backups are done through an encrypted connection.
Personal Information Security
Personal information, understood to be any information that identifies or could be used to identify an individual, is protected by JVR through a number of safety measures encompassing all systems and interactions where personal information is collected and stored. JVR actively monitors all secure information reserves (including but not limited to Order Management Systems (OMS), digital data, hard copy records, e-commerce platforms, and electronic platforms) to ensure that security measures are maintained at the highest level of security, meeting all regulatory and legal requirements.
Assessment Data Security
Access to data collected through online services, including but not limited to scoring services, is restricted to qualified users and requires a username and password. Registration of JVR customers or their designated ‘Administrators’ is rigorous with defined qualification user levels. Identity is confirmed by a qualification form, which is a binding test user agreement coupled with a review of qualifications and certification.
After a person has completed registration and indicated consent, JVR will, as a matter of policy, keep on file a record of:
- The products and services the person has purchased
- The person’s certification and qualification status
- The person’s contact information
- Any aggregate depersonalised information including test data, indefinitely, unless otherwise stipulated or instructed.
Please note that once depersonalised, any test results or related data will no longer be considered personal information and will remain an anonymous record with no bearing or impact on the individual. In this state, it will no longer be considered a record associated with any one individual and will not be subject to regulations related to personal information and the rights of an individual.
All JVR data (including administrators and test user information, test data, including responses to test items and report text) are stored in an industry standard secure database. Access to this data is strictly controlled by JVR through its qualified administrators. To further protect the data transmitted to JVR electronically for assessment or other services, JVR’s online scoring services encrypt access passwords, which means that identifiable data is made accessible only to the customer or their designated administrator. The test data is stored in secure servers hosted in access-controlled data centres.
JVR holds any aggregate depersonalised information, including test data, indefinitely. Personalised test data is kept as per HPCSA requirements and within this time period a report can be regenerated by the appropriately qualified and certified user through their online account.
In the event that JVR becomes aware of a security breach, JVR will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable parties. An investigation will be conducted without delay, consistent with:
- Legitimate requirements of law enforcement and the Privacy Commissioner’s office
- Measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach
- Efforts to identify the individuals affected
- Steps to identify the cause of breach, and
- Urgent, yet reasonable restoration of the integrity of our secure server.
Formal information risk analyses are carried out for critical systems and environments as part of business continuity initiatives and are reviewed regularly. The evaluation of each threat takes into account its business impact, likelihood of occurrence, and what options are available to eliminate or mitigate the identified risk. JVR is committed to maintaining a low-risk threshold and takes active steps to proactively mitigate risk through extensive planning and implementation of improved measures.
JVR maintains current disaster recovery plans which address data results, personal information, and online services to ensure minimal impact to customers using applications, while maintaining the strictest level of security throughout. For further information regarding compliance specific to these elements, please contact the information officer at JVR at +27 (0) 11 781 3705/6/7 during office hours or send an email to:
Eligibility to purchase restricted products requires the completion of a qualification form which requires the validation of identity, credentials, and other information as deemed necessary. Certification results are retained by JVR but are not disclosed to a third party, including an employer, without prior written consent.
Consent to data use
All personal information is kept strictly anonymous with all data adhering to the record retention security protocols and standards. The collection of personal information is limited to what has been identified as necessary for the purpose. Consent for the collection of data is obtained as follows:
- Expressed and implied consent are given at the time an assessment is administered or a service is provided. Qualified and professional persons overseeing the assessment, offering the certification or other training, and/or facilitation, or providing the consulting process/intervention are bound by nationally and internationally recognised professional and ethical rules.
- Express consent is provided for the collection of data for qualified research and e-commerce activities.
Third Party Access to Data
Personal data of any kind related to clients/customers or their own clients are never sold to any third parties. JVR holds all information collected in strict confidence, taking active measures to protect any and all data, and is committed to continuously enhancing its overall security through ongoing improvements and constant monitoring. Internal administrators employed by JVR are able to audit records accessed within the system as a mechanism of monitoring and breach control. Any service providers with access to systems as part of the provision of support services are bound by contractual and non-disclosure agreements.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the JVR Africa Group Information Officer at +27 (0) 11 781 3705/6/7 during office hours or send an email to:
Security and Privacy
Please note that the JVR data security protocols are formulated in our Security and Privacy Policies available on the JVR systems site. This document should be read in conjunction with these and all the other JVR Terms of Business Policies available on this site.
Conditions of Use of the JVR Africa Group Websites
Use of our Site
- We may change these conditions at any time without prior notice, therefore, please check them regularly.
- Certain services available through the Sites may be accessible only to users who have pre-registered for the applicable JVR services.
- Users are responsible for ensuring the security of any subscription and registration details provided to them by JVR, including usernames and passwords. Registration details may not be shared between multiple users. Any loss or theft of such details should be reported to JVR immediately in order for replacement usernames and passwords to be created.
Data Protection and Privacy
JVR is committed to protecting and respecting users’ privacy as is specified in the South African Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), and to act in compliance with the professional ethics and best principles as formulated by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). For more information we refer you to the JVR Privacy and Security policies, also available on this Site. You can also contact the
Please refer to Annexure A for the list of definitions related to the JVR Africa Group Terms of Business.
Intellectual Property Rights
Except where otherwise indicated, the material and content on these sites are protected by copyright, database rights, and other intellectual property rights, that belong to JVR or the entities with whom JVR has contractual agreements. Many of the brand names mentioned on the JVR sites are registered trademarks belonging to JVR or our licensors. In addition, all the JVR company rights in the content and design of the website are reserved. Notwithstanding the above, you may read, print, and download material from the website, other than third-party material, free of charge, provided it is:
- For your private use in the ordinary course of your business
- Reproduced and referenced accurately
- Not used in a misleading way
Please consider using links to the material on the sites (for example, sample reports), rather than uploading such material to your own site. This ensures that you have access to the most recent versions of the documents, as they are continuously updated and revised.
However, you may not republish, disseminate, or transmit any of such material, or exploit it for commercial purposes, make any derivative work, or copy it for any purpose without first obtaining our written permission or that of the rights owner. If you wish to seek such permission, please contact:
Copyright, Logo’s, and Trademarks
JVR is the copyright owner of this Site and of all the content on this Site, whether directly or through contractual agreement. These rights are protected by South African and international intellectual property right laws, international treaty provisions, and other applicable national laws. No portion of this Site, including the assessments information, text, images, audio, or video, may be copied, modified, or used in any manner without JVR’s prior written permission. Any name, logo, trademark, or service mark contained and accessed by this Site is owned or licensed by JVR and may not be used in any manner without JVR’s prior permission. Unauthorised use of all or parts of this Site or the instrument is strictly prohibited and may result in the violation of JVR’s (and others licenced to JVR) trademarks, privacy, copyrights, and publicity rights.
No content on the JVR websites and referenced websites may be manipulated or removed using intrusion technology and/or any other content manipulation services.
Warranty on Contents, Information, or Materials
The information included on this website does not constitute, and shall not be considered the advice, recommendation, assessment, or endorsement of JVR. The contents of this Site are provided on an ‘as is’ basis only and can be changed or updated without prior notice. To the extent permitted by law, any statutory or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is completely denied and disclaimed. JVR denies any responsibility for the content of other sites on the internet, which may be linked to the JVR Site, or any material of third parties that may be accessed through the JVR Site.
Websites referred to on the JVR Sites
If you purchase goods or services from third parties, even if you have been directed from our Site to them, any contract you enter into with those third parties, except those with whom JVR has an existing contractual agreement with regard to the use of their website, is a matter between you and them. JVR has no liability for the quality or type of services or goods provided by any third party we may mention on our Site or to whom our Site is linked.
Any information, offer, or service made available by any third party on the JVR sites, or on any Site to which the JVR sites are linked, is that of the author or provider and not JVR. We do not necessarily endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any such information, offer, or service.
JVR makes no representations and gives no warranty about any other websites or any information, offer, or service to them. We have no control over their content or availability. JVR will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by, or in connection with the use of, or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on or through any other website. Any concern you may have about any external link should be directed to that website’s administrator.
Clients Linking their Sites to those of JVR
Professional services organisations, public or private sector organisations, NGO’s, psychologists, psychometrists, teachers, schools, universities, educators, authorised distributors, trainers, and other appropriately qualified entities may establish a link or links to the JVR Africa Group website (https://jvrafricagroup.co.za/). Links, however, have to comply with the following requirements:
- You may not frame or alter the appearance of https://jvrafricagroup.co.za/ or any other site owned by the JVR Africa Group.
- You may not state nor imply that JVR endorses, sponsors, or otherwise approves your website, your services, your opinion, or any other websites.
- You must abide by all the other Terms of Business of sale and use, as well as the policies set forth herein. For example, you may not host or reproduce JVR’s content on your website.
- You agree not to portray JVR, or the products and services provided in a derogatory or negative manner. Your website may not contain:
- Vulgar, racist, obscene, pornographic, or indecent language or images
- Material, information, comments, innuendo, or statements that defame, abuse, harass, or threaten others
- Material that is false, untrue, unscientific, or illegal
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful, and racially demeaning
- Material violating any person’s right of privacy or ownership
- Intellectual ownership or copyrighted material without written consent
- Any content or activity involving or encouraging illegal activities
- You may not use this website in any manner that infringes the rights and personal information of another party.
- You agree to use and access the website in a manner that will not disrupt, corrupt, or otherwise damage the website. Accordingly, you will not use this website in a manner that is prohibited by law. Use of this website is subject to your compliance with all the applicable laws and regulations nationally and internationally. JVR reserves the right to discontinue the link should any of the above provisos be violated.
For more information, please contact
Accuracy of Information and Disclaimer
JVR tries to ensure that all information on our sites is accurate, but we make no representations and give no warranty that the information is accurate, up to date, without any error, or complete. We accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by inaccurate information or by the manner in which that information is used or interpreted by others. If you do however find any inaccurate information on our JVR sites, please let us know immediately by contacting
JVR has no liability for the inability of any person to access the Sites or access any information, material, or service on the Sites. JVR does not warrant that the Sites will operate without interruption. JVR does not exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence on our part, or for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. JVR is therefore not liable for any direct or indirect or consequential loss, or for any loss of business, profit, revenue, goodwill, or data, lost or wasted management time, or the lost time of other employees arising from your use of the Sites or information on the Sites (whether direct or indirect).
Except therefore, as expressly set out in the Terms of Business (Terms and Conditions), which apply only in relation to any purchased goods, training-, or consulting services, we exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties, representations, terms, conditions, and undertakings, whether implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing, or otherwise (including any implied warranty, representation, term, condition, or undertaking of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose).
The information on these JVR sites is not intended to address your particular requirements; it does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by JVR and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any decisions. Wherever possible and appropriate you should request professional advice.
No delay, neglect, or forbearance on the part of JVR in enforcing any of these conditions will be or deemed to be a waiver or in any way prejudice any right of JVR. If any of these conditions is, for any reason, held to be unenforceable, illegal, or otherwise invalid in any way, the unenforceable, illegal, or invalid provision will not affect any other condition and those conditions will continue in full force and effect.
All customers shall be required, in using the JVR materials, training, certification, or services to take responsibility for their compliance with all local laws. Where a customer has failed to ensure that their activities are legally compliant, JVR shall not be liable for any costs incurred.
These conditions are governed by South African law. The place of performance of the contract is South Africa.
No addition to or modification of any provision of these conditions will be binding on JVR unless made in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.
Security and Privacy
Please note that the JVR data security protocols are formulated in our Security and Privacy Policies available on the JVR systems site. This document should be read in conjunction with these- and all the other JVR Terms of Business Policies available on this site.
JVR Africa Group Users of JVR Online
JVR offers JVR Online as a user-friendly, professional, and secure online facility for doing assessments, their scoring, and reporting on the results. JVR Online and the other assessment- and scoring sites it may be linked to, are managed with compliance and professional ethics. Please accept the following Terms of Business for Use:
A ‘User’ is defined as a duly trained, qualified, and appropriately registered individual who has been issued an access username and password by JVR and has commenced administering at least one JVR assessment to clients. As a User, you have been authorised and provided a username and password to gain access to the JVR Online administration and scoring system for purposes of administering JVR-owned and distributed assessments to your clients.
All users of the JVR Online platform take full responsibility for the use of this site/system and other online platforms to which it may be linked. The User commits to adhere to all local legislation and regulations with regards to the use of assessments, assessment results, and confidentiality of data.
In South Africa where users of psychological assessments have to be registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), the user will ensure full compliance to such registration and the ethical and professional guidelines. The User will ensure that their HPCSA registration remains active and in good standing and will immediately let JVR know when their professional registration lapses.
Except as provided herein, the User agrees not to provide, to any other person, the username and/or access password if such a person is not fully trained and accredited by JVR to have earned legal and best practice access to the assessments in their own right and will take full responsibility for the costs incurred. You may provide an individual link to the assessment to the respondents for the purpose of completing the administration process. Should you rely on an administrator to support you in sending and receiving ‘links’, you take full responsibility for the actions and compliance of such a person.
The user agrees to use and access the website/system/portal in a manner that will not disrupt, corrupt, or otherwise damage the website, or place it at risk. Accordingly, the website shall not be used in a manner that is prohibited by national or international law. Use of this website is subject to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in South Africa, your own location, and internationally.
JVR Africa Responsibilities
JVR is committed to providing a user-friendly yet safe and secure online system for the administration and scoring of assessments. JVR Online is available to appropriately qualified users 24-hours of all days during the year. Within reason, JVR will provide notifications when maintenance or upgrades to the system will be done, as this may impact on the availability of the service. Support in the ‘set-up’ and use of the JVR Online system is available during office hours (8.00 to 16.00) every weekday excluding public holidays or days over the Christmas break (23 December to 3 January). JVR provides support by way of training, workshops, webinars, email, and telephonic information and personal visits.
Information Privacy and Security
The User understands and agrees to take absolute responsibility in ensuring that all personal and assessment information of their clients is managed with absolute care, accuracy, and confidentiality, respecting the rights of all individuals being assessed.
The information entered as part of the administration process (including any personal information such as responses to items, scores, and other similar data) will be provided to JVR for the purposes of scoring an assessment’s results and generating a report or reports. The User acknowledges that JVR has no influence over the use of these results by the User other than ensuring that the JVR Online system is secure, requesting appropriate qualifications, checking professional registration status, providing continuous support and training opportunities, and following up on complaints.
The User acknowledges that the internet is not an absolutely secure medium, and that the privacy of the information, communications, and visits to the website cannot be completely guaranteed. JVR is however committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information transmitted on this website. JVR servers use 128-bit industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption which is encryption technology that works with the most current web browsers. SSL encrypts the administrator’s personal information as well as the respondent’s information returned to the administrator, protecting against disclosure to third parties. Our JVR Online platform conforms to the industry standard security protocols concerning data relevant to the version of the application and its subcomponents and subsystems.
The user has access to the data collected on his/her JVR Online portal. Additional data, when required, may have to be requested from related websites linked to JVR Online.
JVR reserves the right to store depersonalised, anonomised, and aggregated data in its database for research and statistical purposes by JVR, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors, assignees and suppliers.
The User acknowledges that JVR cannot manage, update, or delete the information stored and controlled by the User in their own assessment portal.
Data collected and received by JVR in connection with the delivery of assessments will be transmitted and stored in South Africa, the United States, Australia, and Europe, with a third-party Cloud Service Provider (CSP) who complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The internet is a global environment, and by using our sites and sending information to us electronically, you consent to transborder and international transmission of any personal information collected or processed through our sites.
Printing and Downloading
The site allows for the printing of answer sheets for the purpose of manual administration and scoring on only some of the JVR assessments. Any unauthorised reproduction of test material is not permitted. The User is expressly prohibited from copying, duplicating, or downloading JVR materials in any other manner and for any other purpose.
Please contact JVR client services at (+27 11 781 3705) if you require more information about the printing and downloading of information. If you believe that you have received an unauthorised copy of any JVR assessment forms, please contact JVR at (+27 11 781 3705).
The tokens/credits that a User has purchased from JVR will not expire as long as the User’s account is active. The tokens/credits will only revert if there has been no account activity for one (1) year.
In the event of account inactivity that lasts for a period of one (1) year, JVR will notify the User via email that the account will be declared dormant. If the User does not reply to the email with alternate instructions, and if there is still no activity within the account, then JVR will declare the account as being dormant. Upon this dormancy, any tokens associated with the account will be reclaimed by JVR.
If the User has purchased tokens/credits that they no longer wish to use, they are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price of the unused tokens if they contact JVR Client Services within 30 days of token purchase (date of order received).
If the thirty (30) days have passed, the User is entitled to a credit for the purchase price of the unused tokens/credits if they contact JVR Client Services within ninety (90) days of receiving the order for token purchase. This credit can be used toward the purchase of any similarly priced JVR product.
After ninety (90) days the User may not return or exchange tokens/credits. Note that the account dormancy policies apply.
JVR reserves the right to change the price of tokens/credits (i.e. the amount in legal currency required to purchase an individual token/credit) or the price in tokens/credits (i.e. the number of tokens/credits required to purchase a product) at any time.
The User undertakes and agrees to keep their account with JVR in good standing by timeously paying all outstanding amounts owed to JVR.
Disclaimer - Discontinuation of Tokens/Credits
Should JVR’s business context, business model, business needs, or practices migrate away from the use of tokens/credits, JVR reserves the right to discontinue and terminate the use of tokens.
Any tokens held by User in the event of discontinuation of tokens, shall be converted to a credit toward the purchase of any JVR product of the same value at the time of the purchase of the token.
The information included on this website and reports generated through the administration process, do not constitute, and shall not be considered the advice, recommendation, assessment, or endorsement of JVR. JVR shall not be liable for any third-party claims based on the use of any assessments. The instruments and the contents of this website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis only. To the extent permitted by law, any statutory or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are completely denied and disclaimed. JVR expressly disclaims any and all other warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation: (1) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, or content of any information, products, services, or the site; (2) any warranty of title, or warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
JVR Africa Copyright
JVR is the copyright owner of this website and all the contents of this website are owned by JVR and various business partners. These rights are protected by intellectual property right laws, international treaty provisions, and other applicable national and international laws. No portion of this website, including the assessment information, text, images, audio or video, and no portion of the assessments, including without limitation, the assessment items and reports may be copied, modified, photographed, downloaded, or stored on one or more than one personal computer, distributed electronically through the internet, computer software, or by paper, or used in any manner without JVR’s prior permission.
Any name, logo, trademark, or service mark contained and accessed through this website is owned or licensed to/by JVR and may not be used in any manner without JVR’s prior written permission. Unauthorised use of all or part of this website or the assessments and related information is strictly prohibited and may result in the violation of JVR and their business partners’, trademarks, privacy, copyrights, and publicity rights.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
The Use of Electronic and Online Systems
This document must be read with all the other JVR Terms of Business documents as well as our Policies on Data Security and Privacy. With regards to the combined use of one or more of the JVR systems, please read both the general and specific operational requirements of the systems.
The JVR Africa Group (JVR) is the owner, distributor, and/or user of a variety of electronic and online systems or platforms. These systems provide professional, modern, user-friendly, efficient, reliable, and secure methods of measuring, reporting on, developing, and managing talent. The systems provide stand-alone services or can be used in combination to address clients’ needs for more comprehensive or bespoke talent solutions.
The JVR technological systems allow for the following:
- Access to a wide variety of assessments, methodologies, and tools
- Single, combined, and/or integrated assessment, competency, and survey reports
- System integration within the JVR Group and with external platforms
- Data management and analysis
The use of the JVR-owned, used, and distributed electronic systems is governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of South Africa, specifically also the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). The international systems integrated with the JVR-owned systems comply to GDPR (EU/EEA) or equivalent legislation in their country of origin.
The JVR systems are available 24-hours of all days during the year, except for where maintenance and upgrades to the systems need to be done. In this regard, given that it could impact on the availability of the service, JVR will provide notifications timeously.
Support in obtaining proposals, quotes, prices, or being ‘set-up’ and guided in the use of the JVR systems, is available during office hours (8.00 to 16.00) every weekday, excluding public holidays or days over the Christmas break (22 December to 3 January).
Please note: To the best of JVR’s knowledge the JVR-owned or contractually used online- and electronic systems are reliable, robust, and free from any faults, defects, bugs, destructive coding, or devices, and JVR will use its best endeavours to ensure that the systems remain so.
JVR will use its best endeavours to maintain the stability and integrity of the systems but, cannot be held liable for the use and functionality of the systems.
Please refer to Annexure A for the list of definitions related to the JVR Africa Group Terms of Business.
Copyright, Logos, and Trademarks
JVR and the contractual suppliers and partners we work with, are the rightful owners of various online platforms. JVR and/or the contractual suppliers we work with, own the IP of the systems and the copyright of all the content thereon. All information contained in/on the JVR systems are either owned by or licenced to JVR. Unauthorised use of all or part of the online platforms or its contents is strictly prohibited. No portion of these platforms, including any name, logo, trademark, or service mark contained and accessed by these websites, and owned or licenced by the supplier, may be used in any manner without JVR and the supplier’s prior written permission.
No portion of these online facilities and information contained thereon and accessed through the site, including assessment items, scoring, reports, support and other information, models, text, resources, learning material/content, services, templates, names, trademarks, service marks, images, audio, or video, training, methodology, structure, logo, or design may be copied, translated, stored, shared, modified, photographed, downloaded, duplicated, copied, used, or distributed in any manner without prior written permission from JVR. JVR reserves the right not to provide such permission. These rights are all protected by national and international intellectual property right laws and international treaty provisions.
Information Privacy and Security
JVR regards the privacy and security of all data sourced and managed through our online systems of primary and critical importance. There are two general levels of access to the JVR systems, that of:
- Users of the systems (clients of JVR) and the Users’ own clients/employees
- JVR employees and contractors (3rd parties) who use, build, maintain, and enhance the JVR-owned electronic and online systems
Both these categories of access to the data on the JVR systems are managed according to the strictest technical, organisational, and contractual measures. In addition to the JVR Terms of Business documents, also refer to the JVR Policies on Data Security and Privacy available on the JVR website.
The JVR Responsibilities for Information Privacy and Security
JVR is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all the information placed and processed on the JVR-owned, used, and contractually managed online systems.
- JVR’s commitment to the safety and security of all data is enforced by Board-, HR-, Technology-Governance, and specifically also IT and POPIA policies and processes to ensure implementation and compliance. In addition, consent forms, standard operating procedures, third party agreements, integrator agreements, non-disclosure, and a range of other contractual agreements are implemented to ensure compliance to national and international legislation and best practice regarding the secure, safe, and responsible management of data (more information can be obtained from the
- The information entered into the JVR systems require consent and is then used in compliance to the services contracted for.
- All data touchpoints are identified and managed according to national and international best practice and legislation.
- The JVR systems are only available to appropriately vetted, accredited, and qualified users.
- Where cross-border sub-processing is done, it is managed according to POPIA and GDPR specifications and guidelines, ensuring equitable security and safety of the personal information and data transferred and received.
- The JVR Online and Electronic platforms conform to the industry standard security protocols concerning data relevant to the version of the application and its subcomponents and subsystems.
- JVR servers use 128-bit industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, which is encryption technology that works with the most current web browsers. SSL encrypts the administrator’s personal information as well as the respondent’s information returned to the administrator, protecting against disclosure to third parties.
- In addition to continuously ensuring safe and secure systems, JVR also gives continuous attention to providing an efficient, user-friendly yet professional experience to all users and clients of the JVR systems.
Users’, Delegates’, and Clients’ Responsibility for Information Privacy and Security
The personal information entered into the JVR systems by Users, Clients, or Delegates is a core requirement for administration processes such as registering and attending learning events, responding to, scoring, and reporting of assessments, or embarking on contracted consulting and/or research projects. In this regard, clients, delegates, or those using/overseeing the use of the JVR electronic systems:
- Take full responsibility, to use the JVR-owned and distributed platform(s) legally, professionally, ethically, appropriately, responsibly, and with a continued awareness of the rights of all individuals who access the systems. Specific attention should be given to ensuring compliance to the laws of the specific country in which the services on the JVR systems are offered.
- Will ensure that the informed consent documents required by the JVR systems be fully completed and personally signed/accepted by each person/client/employee.
- Understand and agree that they take the responsibility for providing full, verified, and accurate information into the JVR systems.
- Will ensure that all the personal information they have access to, is managed according to the POPIA/GDPR requirements and at minimum, equivalent to the safety and security of personal data required by the HPCSA and JVR.
- Acknowledge that the internet is not, an absolutely, secure medium, and that the privacy of the information, communications, and visits to online systems cannot ever be completely guaranteed.
- Will ensure that no unauthorised use of any or all or parts of the JVR-owned or managed online systems, including for instance, trying to access confidential data, screen-printing/photographing/copying test items, or obtaining or using other people’s access codes without permission, is allowed.
- Will use and access the JVR online platforms in a manner that will not disrupt, corrupt, or otherwise damage the website(s) or the reputation of the JVR Africa Group.
- Agree that the online platform(s) will not be used in any manner that is prohibited by law, professional ethics, or that infringes the right of the owners and distributors.
- Accept that the personal information entered into the JVR systems by Users, Clients, or Delegates is a core requirement for administration processes such as registering and attending learning events, responding to, scoring, and reporting of assessments, or embarking on contracted consulting and/or research projects. In this regard, clients, delegates, or those using/overseeing the use of the JVR electronic systems:
- Will ensure that all test instructions and assessment processes have been complied with and accept full responsibility for the accuracy of the information supplied to JVR.
- Accept that the reports generated through the administration process of JVR do not constitute, and shall not be considered to be advice, recommendations, or endorsements by JVR unless the word “advice”, “recommendation”, or “endorsement” is specifically used in a sentence, paragraph, or section in which case that sentence, paragraph, or section (as the case may be) shall be regarded as advice, recommendation, or endorsement (as the case may be).
- Accept that all reports, advice, recommendations, or endorsements by JVR referred to in (ii) above, shall be subject to the provisos, conditions, and/or qualifications set out in such documents.
- Accept that JVR shall only supply assessment reports to clients on the terms and conditions set out in the agreement/s between JVR and the client.
- Accept that JVR accepts no responsibility or liability for:
- the use and interpretation of reports by clients or staff of clients, who have not been properly trained.
- the incorrect scoring, weighting, or interpretation or application of reports by the client or its staff.
- the use of reports for incorrect or unauthorised purposes.
- incorrect recommendations by clients or their staff members.
- interpretations based on derivative and copyright violated versions of assessments distributed by JVR.
- Agree that JVR shall not be liable for any third-party claims based on the use of any assessments, training, or services.
- Also, acknowledge that the contents, information, learning material, and assessments on the JVR systems are provided on an ‘as is’ basis only. To the extent permitted by law, any statutory or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are completely denied and disclaimed.
- Note that JVR expressly disclaims any, and all other warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation: (1) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, or content of any information, products, services, or the site; (2) any warranty of title, or warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Agree that failure of JVR or any other product owners to exercise any rights, powers, or remedies hereunder, or its delay to do so, shall constitute a waiver of these rights, powers, or remedies. If any provision of these Terms of Business is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this provision will be deemed severed from the remainder of the Terms of Business, which will remain valid and enforceable.
- Acknowledge that JVR, as a professional processor of information, does not have control over the User’s use of the personal information of their own clients. Other than ensuring that the JVR electronic and online systems are safe and secure, continuously, confidentially, and securely maintained, enhanced, and backed-up according to legislation and best practice, JVR cannot be held responsible for breaches of confidentiality by the User. Such breaches should immediately be reported - also to JVR for the attention of the
- Accept responsibility for maintaining the secrecy and security of access codes and passwords. Any suspected breach of this security should immediately be reported to JVR (
- Will not make use of data collected to create derivative products or copyright violations.
- Will not make available the personal information of clients to any third party without signed consent from the client concerned, and doing so, ensure equivalence in the protection of personal information of the receiving party.
- Take responsibility of ensuring confidential and accurate record-keeping of all personal information, also the information provided by JVR, in accordance with legal and ethical regulations. The safe and confidential storage of electronic information should be done according to POPIA and GDPR guidelines.
Guidelines on Specific JVR Systems
The JVR Africa Group of Companies (JVR) own, distribute, and/or use a variety of electronic and online systems. These systems provide professional, modern, user-friendly, efficient, reliable, and secure methods of measuring, reporting on, developing, and managing talent. The systems provide stand-alone services or can be used in combination to solve clients’ needs for more comprehensive or bespoke talent solutions.
Terms of Business - JVR Consulting Psychologists: The INTEGRATE System
JVR Consulting Psychologists specialises in- and provides a wide variety of organisational services including, but not limited to, selection or succession evaluations, talent development, coaching, team optimisation interventions and talent analytics services. The JVR INTEGRATE system provides end-to-end and automated solutions to corporate clients, allowing for the centralisation of talent data and efficiency in consulting/people development services.
For more detailed information on the JVR INTEGRATE system please phone JVR during office hours at 27 11 781 3705/6/7 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of INTEGRATE
The INTEGRATE Systems allows for:
- Organisations and their employees to gather, record, and report available assessment information (including psychometric and survey data) in a safe and central location.
- Administration of the system to be managed in-house or by JVR as an outsourced partner, with various user roles created in order to allow specific users access to specific information.
- An employee/applicant self-service through a web interface branded and customised to the needs of the client organisation.
- Competency-based report output linked to role requirements.
- Integration with applicant tracking- and talent management systems (such as SAP Success Factors).
- The ability to build and maintain development plans, provide feedback to applicants and employees with e-feedback modules.
- Future system functionality will include, but not be limited to building career matrices, analysing group results, industry benchmarking, and access to the JVR Coaching Network.
System set-up and use
- INTEGRATE is typically customised according to client requirements and specifications. This can be a basic- or even full customisation depending on the requirements of the client organisation.
- Clients can also use a generic version of INTEGRATE, which includes a series of specific, yet basic report outputs. These reports and functionalities are updated by JVR from time to time.
- The specific needs and requirements of clients are captured and managed according to a negotiated, scoped, and formulated contractual agreement.
- Invoicing is done on a monthly basis.
Terms of Business - JVR Academy: The iGrow and other Learning Management Systems
JVR Academy offers a wide variety of learning and development opportunities. These include a range of Professional and International Certifications, as well as Skills Development courses, webinars, learning lessons, CPD events, and more. These learning and development opportunities are available in a virtual/online, blended, and/or in classroom format. Virtual training sessions may be offered on Microsoft Teams or Zoom, or any other platform proposed by the client. Other e-learning development options are available on additional platforms. Registration requirements, dates, duration, qualification thresholds, experience, examination requirements, methodology used, CPD provision, and costs may differ widely.
For more detailed information please contact JVR Academy by phoning 27 11 781 3705/6/7 during office hours or send an email to email@example.com.
Purpose of the JVR Learning Management System(s)
- To provide a trusted and secure learning platform where a variety of stand-alone e-learning courses can be deployed.
- To provide a platform that supports JVR Academy’s blended learning and development approach, i.e., where smaller learning units are posted in addition to virtual or in-class sessions.
- To provide delegates with self-directed, continuous e-learning and development opportunities.
- To provide an interactive learning system that contributes to active participation in the learning process (e.g., quizzes, videos, chat communities, gamification).
- To provide clients/organisations with learning and development analytics that give insights into the impact and application of the learning in the workplace.
Usage of the JVR Learning Platform(s)
The following provides the Terms of Business regarding the use and implementation of online and other electronic and technical learning opportunities.
Registration, confirmation, and participation
- All learning events are triggered by the registration of delegates for specific events. It is the responsibility of each delegate to provide full and accurate information on the electronic JVR registration form to ensure the efficient processing of their registration.
- Delegates must ensure that he/she has received confirmation from JVR Academy regarding their registration before the event. Confirmation from JVR will include the topic, name of the presenter, date and time, the programme/agenda, as well as the relevant login codes and a tax invoice.
- It is expected that for in-class and virtual sessions, delegates will arrive timeously, attend the full event, participate actively throughout, and fulfil all other criteria required for the specific course. This includes all the relevant e-learning components on the learning platforms.
Examinations, assessments, or questionnaires
- The assessments and examinations relevant to some of the learning programmes must be completed with honesty and in full by the individual him/herself in a quiet and private environment.
- There may not be assistance by any other parties when completing any of the assessments, questionnaires, examinations, or tests.
Transfers and changes
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, JVR reserves the right to change links to a certain platform, change the speaker, content, date, or even to cancel the event. Delegates will be notified of such changes wherever possible at least 5 working days prior to the event.
- It may be possible to arrange for substitute attendance given that the delegate fulfils the academic and registration criteria and is appropriately experienced.
- It is possible to transfer a registration to a next scheduled learning event, once only, at no charge, if such a request is received in writing at least five (5) working days before the initial event. The transfer, if the request is received within five working days before the event, will incur a 20% transfer fee.
- Access and login details to the learning platforms may under no circumstances be transferred or shared with any other parties and may only be used by the individual who registered for a particular course.
Cancellations, invoices, and payments
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org more than 5 working days before the event. Should the cancellation be received within 5 working days, it will result in a 50% cancellation fee.
- Events booked for the JVR Academy package offerings cannot be substituted by alternative events that do not form part of such a package. Refunds do not apply to package offerings.
- Those who do not show up for a training event will be invoiced at 100% of the cost.
- No refunds or credits will be provided to those who do not attend a learning event and who have not given any prior notice of non-attendance.
- Payment must be received in full before the event starts or before login details to the learning platforms will be made available. JVR reserves the right to refuse admission where the evidence of payment has not been received.
- Should there be exceptional circumstances that may impact on payment and permission has been provided by JVR to extend the payment time, no learning and certification results will be made available before the full invoiced price for the learning course has been settled.
- Where training material must be sent by courier before the certification or training event, the costs will be included on the invoice. Should the package been sent and the registration for the event is then cancelled, the training material must be sent back to JVR within 2 days and this cost will be for the delegate’s own account. Proof of having sent the package needs to be forwarded to JVR Academy (email@example.com).
Content and ownership
All the content on the platforms is considered as the intellectual property of the JVR Africa Group or contractually managed by the JVR Africa Group and may not be reproduced, recorded, filmed, downloaded, and/or in any other way used to create copies or derivatives or for any other purpose.
Terms of Business - JVR Psychometrics: JVR Online and Additional Psychometric Platforms and Systems
JVR Online forms part of a variety of assessment administration, scoring, and reporting online systems, owned, developed, or contractually used and distributed by JVR. Some of the systems are integrated via web services with JVR Online and some serve as stand-alone systems accessed by Users and Clients for purposes of assessment administration, scoring, reporting, and data management.
Purpose of the JVR Online (JVRO) system
- To provide a trusted and secure administration, scoring, reporting, and data collection assessment platform to appropriately qualified, trained, and professionally qualified users for use with their clients.
- To serve as a centralised facility where a carefully selected range of reputable and highly respected national and international psychometric- and other assessments are securely available to qualified users through a single link onto the JVRO system.
- To provide a boutique range of trusted- and modern assessment options that can be combined into pragmatic, yet unique assessment batteries to help solve client needs.
- To provide a positive user experience of the electronic platform and the assessment process.
- To have a system with the capability to integrate electronically with a variety of other secure and compliant systems.
- To provide a system that is continuously updated and enhanced to ensure compliance to relevant legislation.
- To serve as a client- and databank for users of JVR Online regarding their own use of assessments on the system and how the talent data obtained can add insight and value to organisations.
General use of the JVRO system
- Some assessments on the JVR Online system are regarded as psychological in nature. This category of assessments requires prescribed academic qualifications, experience, and sometimes certification training before access can be provided.
- The structure of the JVRO system allows for creating private and confidential portals where users can select their preferred assessment batteries, send out invitation links to their clients to do the assessments, and receive scored reports within 24 hours subsequent to their client answering the questionnaires, except if the project involves high volumes and additional project management services from JVR.
- Registered users are provided with codes and passwords by which they can access restricted pages on secure websites. Online instructions and support are available from JVR Client Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) during office hours.
- Given the confidentiality of scored results, JVR can only send reports to registered JVR Online users who guarantee confidentiality of results. We require secure contact and delivery details such as an email address, physical or postal address, and telephone numbers (as provided in their initial client information form). Should clients wish to have reports sent to a different address, the change of details must be motivated, signed, and submitted in writing by the accredited user for the specific JVRO platform.
- JVR Psychometrics will under no circumstances send Psychological Reports directly to test takers who are not qualified/certified to interpret the results.
- Users of JVR Online accept full responsibility for their use of the online platforms and agree to not provide personal login details to any third party for any reason whatsoever. Should more than one practitioner in-house be trained on the relevant assessment(s), JVR Psychometrics can create a main platform for the company. The benefits of having one platform per company is that assessment data can be consolidated into one central platform and that group reports can be generated on some assessments, should this be required. The main registered user, however, takes full responsibility for the ethical, confidential, legal, and appropriate use of the platform and the secure and confidential filing of their own clients’ information and the reports generated for them by JVR Psychometrics.
- JVR Psychometrics cannot take responsibility for any inaccurate biographical or other information provided. Incorrectly completed/incomplete requests or data forms will delay the scoring process and the 24-hour turnaround time will only apply, depending on the volume once correct information is confirmed.
- JVR Psychometrics cannot take responsibility for test takers completing the wrong assessments. Registered users are responsible for ensuring that their nominated test takers complete the correct test. Invoices will be rendered by JVR Psychometrics for all assessments used and scored.
- Should the User rely on an administrator to support in sending and receiving ‘links’, the User takes full responsibility for the process as well as the actions and compliance of such an administrator for legislation, best practice, and JVR stipulations of use.
- Should a User Platform not have an automated report generation option available, and JVR is required to provide support, the registered users must negotiate timelines and costs with JVR. An accurate, complete, and final name list of their test takers need to be provided before any service will be provided.
- It cannot be assumed that JVR will automatically take responsibility for managing assessment projects for clients. Should the user of the assessment(s) require project management to be done, it will be contracted for and charged for separately.
- For large scale or bulk scoring projects, the client must inform JVR Psychometrics at least two weeks in advance to arrange JVR resources, negotiate the costs and timelines for project management, and set up the facilities for scoring and reporting.
- Where online user platforms are available and clients still prefer to use JVR Client Services for their administration, scoring, and reporting, additional fees will be applicable. These fees are available on the JVR Psychometrics’ price lists available from email@example.com.
- An administrative fee will be charged for the resending or regenerating of reports. This fee is applicable if the client requests a resend more than one month after the report generation.
- JVR Psychometrics will not regenerate reports for any other interested party without the express written permission (informed consent) of both the User and the test taker.
- Should a User request test results that they have not administered, they will have to contact the original accredited user and the person who was assessed for their written consent (approval) that JVR Psychometrics can release the report. Regenerating this report will be invoiced at the price reflected on the current JVR price list.
- Under no circumstances can employees of JVR Psychometrics be automatically expected to provide scored results, personal information, and assessment results over the phone or a summary of such in an email without the relevant permissions.
- When the user of JVRO is no longer employed by the company who paid for the assessments service and for whom the assessments were done and/or where there is an accompanying account, or when a client’s professional registration has lapsed, JVR Psychometrics needs to be informed. If not, the client will remain liable for the use of the administration scoring facility, the security and safety of all personal information, and the invoices from JVR.
Please also note that:
- When original and printed/hardcopy answer sheets (printed material) are sent to JVR for software scoring purposes, it should be securely sealed in an envelope identified as ‘Highly Confidential’ and either personally delivered or couriered to JVR Psychometrics. A secure JVR email address can also be provided on request. All answer sheets must be legibly completed with all answers clearly marked. To ensure an efficient service, clients are requested to confirm with the Client Services team that answer sheets have in fact been received for scoring. The answer sheets and request for electronic report services must be accompanied with a full and accurate name list of all the candidates and full identifying details of the qualified and certified/ accredited User.
- JVR Online allows the certified User to print answer sheets for the purpose of manual administration of a restricted range of the JVR assessments. The User accepts the cost of printing as to his/her own account.
- Any other unauthorised reproduction of test material is not permitted. The User is expressly prohibited from copying, duplicating, or downloading JVR materials in any other manner and for any other purpose.
Prices, tokens, invoicing, refunds, and discontinued products
- The JVR catalogue of all the assessments available from JVR, and those available on JVRO is published on the JVR website https://jvrafricagroup.co.za/
- The prices of all assessments, reports, bundles of reports, research, and other services available on/through JVRO are published and available from JVR by contacting us during office hours telephonically (27 11 781 3705/6) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The tokens/credits that a User has purchased from JVR will not expire as long as the User’s account is active.
- JVR cannot, however, accept the return of any tokens if the assessment concerned has been discontinued.
- In the event of account inactivity that lasts for a period of one (1) year, JVR will notify the User via email that the account will be declared dormant. If the User does not reply to the email with alternate instructions and if there is still no activity within the account, then JVR will declare the account as being dormant.
- If the User has ordered, received, and paid for tokens/credits that are unused and they no longer wish to use, they are entitled to a refund of the purchase price minus an administrative fee on proviso they send a formal written request for such to JVR Client Services within 30 days of the token purchase (date of order received). The amount to be returned by JVR to the User will only be after 60 days to ensure all payments have been cleared by the bank and received by JVR.
- If the User has ordered, received, but not yet paid for tokens/credits that are unused and which they no longer wish to use, they are entitled to a credit note minus an administrative fee for the return of the unused tokens on proviso they send a formal written request for such to JVR Client Services within 30 days of the token purchase (date of order received). JVR will clear the credits on the User portal and provide a credit note within 60 days of receiving the request.
- If the User formally writes to JVR Client Services and seeks to return and be credited for the purchase price of unused tokens/credits within 90 days from the date of their purchase, JVR will accept the request minus an administrative fee, but the credit, calculated at the price the User paid, will only be for the purchase of similarly priced JVR product(s).
- After ninety (90) days the User may not return or exchange tokens/credits. Note that the account dormancy policies apply.
- JVR reserves the right to change the price of tokens/credits (i.e., the amount in legal currency required to purchase an individual token/credit) or the price in tokens/credits (i.e., the number of tokens/credits required to purchase a product) at any time.
- Should JVR’s business context, business model, business needs, partnerships, or practices migrate away from the use of tokens/credits, JVR reserves the right to discontinue and terminate the use of tokens.
- Any tokens held by Users in the event of a sudden discontinuation of tokens, shall be converted to a credit toward the purchase of any JVR product of the same value at the time of the purchase of the token.
- JVR cannot guarantee the ongoing availability of all assessments or specific report options given changing business needs or ownership of assessment owners or providers. JVR will however endeavour to provide alternative options when such circumstances arise.
- The User undertakes and agrees to keep their account with JVR in good standing by timeously paying all outstanding amounts owed to JVR.
Data, research, JVR Online, and other online assessment platforms
Making sense of data is essential in current and future work environments. Talent data, if managed legally, ethically, and professionally can provide significant opportunities for scientific and factual insight, efficiency, evidence-based decision-making, and problem solving.
Please refer to the JVR Policies on Data Security and Privacy available on this website or it can be obtained from the
- The JVR online and other electronic assessment scoring systems collect data based on the registration requirements of Users/Clients and the processing of assessments results.
- It is a requirement that all who access and use these platforms provide their consent for the information to be scored and kept for research purposes.
- For data to be used for research, JVR reserves the right to safely store depersonalised, anonymised, and aggregated data in its database.
- Data is not only managed according to POPIA and GDPR best practice, but also in compliance with the ethical and professional principles of the HPCSA and other professional institutions such as the APA and BPS.
- JVR does not sell data.
- Data is only used for the purposes specified in the consent form.
- The internet is a global environment and by using the variety of JVR platforms and sending information to such sites electronically, clients consent to transborder- and international transmission of personal information collected or processed through the JVR sites for the purposes of delivering the requested services. Data collected and received by JVR in connection with the delivery of assessments and services is securely transmitted and stored in South Africa, the United States, Australia, and Europe according to POPIA and GDPR best practice.
- The User also has access to their own data collected on their own specific domain or portal on the JVR system(s). Managing such data should always be done within the parameters of legislation, best practice in compliance the POPIA, GDPR, and HPCSA’s ethical and professional principles of best practice. For this, the User takes absolute responsibility.
Annexure A: JVR Africa Group Terms of Business Definitions
“Accreditation or Certification Training” means a nationally or internationally developed and recognised training event which, only once successfully completed, allows the delegate access to a test, assessment, and/or methodology.
“APA” refers to the American Psychological Association.
“Assessment” means an instrument, questionnaire, inventory, or series or batteries of tests that are completed by one or more Respondents/Assessment Takers to provide a report or service to contracted parties.
“Assessment Taker” means an individual who takes, or will take, or has taken an assessment.
“Best Practice” means adhering to South African and international ethical and professional principles of assessment use (refer to the Health Professions Council of South Africa, American Psychological Association, The British Psychological Association, or the International Test Commission guidelines).
“Business day” in South Africa means the official working days of the week, Monday to Friday and does not include public holidays, weekends, or a period over the Christmas break.
“Certified practitioner” means an individual who has the required academic qualifications to allow him/her access to assessment and other certification training programs which he/she has successfully completed to gain access to the use of such assessment(s) and/or methodology.
“Customer” or “client” means an individual, business, or other entity that purchases the JVR assessment, report- or research solutions, learning interventions, or consulting services.
“Client Services” means a JVR service which provides for advice, guidance, support, and/or project management in the administration, scoring, and reporting on assessment results, consulting processes, research- and/or learning events.
“Consulting Services” refers to corporate interventions and client support done by JVR.
“Cookies” A packet of data sent by a web server to a browser, which is returned by the browser each time it subsequently accesses the same server, used to identify the user or track their access to the server.
“CPD” refers to continuous professional development.
“Delegate” refers to a person who attends virtual or in-person training, workshops, online discussions, conferences, launches, video sessions, or CPD sessions.
“Event” means any learning and development opportunity scheduled by the relevant JVR company, including but not limited to assessment certification workshops, skills development workshops, courses, discussion sessions, and lectures.
“HPCSA” refers to the Health Professions Council of South Africa and specifically to the Professional Board for Psychology.
“Intellectual Property” refers to all national and international rights in respect of, for instance, tests, test material, user support material, scoring methods, reports, research information, algorithms, learning material, marketing collateral, product-, process-, or learning information on the JVR websites, innovations, models, applications developed, offered, created, and distributed by any of the JVR companies in the Group.
“IP Address” stands for Internet Protocol Address. A unique string of characters that identifies each computer using the Internet Protocol to communicate over a network.
“Legal Restrictions” refer to all relevant laws and best practice principles, but specifically also the Health Professions Act No. 56 of 1974 and other laws governing the profession and practice of psychology nationally and internationally.
“Materials” refer to test material, training material, research, or workshop material in any format (electronic or printed), as well as the material developed for and/or during consulting work with clients.
“Online Platform” refers to electronic JVR systems allowing for a variety of automated and accessible products and services.
“Personal Information” refers to any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred from the information.
“Phishing” is the illegal attempt to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and sometimes, indirectly, money) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity.
“Portal” means a facility provided to users of an online platform to manage their own use of assessment and learning opportunities.
“Products” is also referred to as “Goods and Services” and means for instance, the assessments, reports, inventories, learning and workshop material, or services created, promoted, sold, or available for sale from JVR.
“Registered User” means an individual who is registered and qualified to purchase some, or all of the assessments, services, methodology, and related support material.
“Restricted Materials” means any assessments or materials (including question booklets, scoring keys and weights, algorithms, answer sheets, profile sheets in printed copy or in electronic form) that, at the time of purchase, are identified as restricted in the current catalogues, sales literature, websites, legally, or on the material itself.
“Session Data” means as applicable, usage information, such as IP Address, type of browser, type of operating system, referring URL, date, time, and duration of a visitor’s visit, the number of visits to a website, the pages viewed, order of pages viewed, number of cookies accumulated, bytes sent and received, user agent, URI stem, URI query, or MAC address.
“Special Order” refers to a product/instrument, programme, or tool that must be sourced, developed, or imported specifically for a client.
“Service” refers to the support or action of helping, guiding, teaching, creating solutions, or facilitating processes with the purpose of identifying or enhancing talent.
“Practitioner” means an individual who has the academic qualification, certification training, professional registration and experience to administer, interpret, and provide a report on assessments as part of their professional services output.
“Reports” means single or combined reports generated by using algorythms, weights, and research formulae to score raw data.
“Respondent” means an individual who takes, will take, or has taken an assessment available on or through an online system managed or owned by JVR.
“Services” means the work to be undertaken by the relevant JVR company for the client as described in the Terms of Engagement/Service Level Agreement/Scope of Work.
“Test Administrator” means an individual who has the required academic qualification, experience, professional registration, and has successfully passed certification training to be able to administer an assessment(s) to assessment takers.
“Test Taker” refers to the individual who is requested by the psychologist, psychometrist or qualified professional to do an assessment.
“Test User” refers to the individual who assumes responsibility for all aspects of appropriate test use, including administration, scoring, reporting, interpretation, feedback, application, and safeguarding of results.
“Trademarks” mean all the registered and unregistered trademarks used or represented by the various JVR companies in the course of them doing business.
“Training Course” refers to all training offered by JVR whether online, blended, or in person.
“Terms of Engagement/Service Level Agreement/Scope of Work” means the statement provided to the client, which outlines the nature of the services, the deliverables to be provided, the fees payable, and the time frame for completion of the Services. Such terms shall be deemed to incorporate these Terms of Business.
“User Qualifications” means the guidelines established by the HPCSA, APA, test owners and/or international test publishers, and applied by JVR Psychometrics or any other members of the JVR Africa Group to the sales of restricted materials and on the training of people in the use of such test material.
”User” means a duly trained, qualified, or appropriately registered individual who has been authorised and provided a username and password by JVR to gain access to one or more of the JVR online systems for purposes of providing assessments, training, research, or consulting services to their clients.
“URI” stands for Uniform Resource Identifier. It is a string of characters used to identify a name of a web resource. Such identification enables interaction with representations of the web resource over a network using specific protocols.
“URL” stands for Uniform Resource Locator. It is a reference to a resource that specifies the location of the resource on a computer network and a mechanism for retrieving it.
“Website” means all the JVR websites that may have been developed or are being developed as part of doing their business.