The NEO Personality Inventory-3 (NEO PI-3) provides practitioners with a comprehensive and detailed insight of adult and adolescent personality based on the well-known Five-Factor Model (FFM) of personality.
This version of the assessment also includes additional information that can beuseful to practitioners in a number of settings: The NEO Job Profiler aids employers in finding the right candidate for a job based on personality traits needed in order to be successful in the position. The NEO Style Graph Booklet shows clients how their results form different areas of their personality.Lastly,the NEO Problems in Living Checklist aids practitioners in planning treatment by focusing on specific problem areas in clients’ lives; it is excellent tool to guide goal setting and intervention planning.
Each of the five NEO PI-3 domains are defined by six traits or facets:
- Neuroticism - Anxiety, Hostility, Depression, Self-consciousness, Impulsiveness and Vulnerability.
- Extraversion - Warmth, Gregariousness, Assertiveness, Activity, Excitement-seeking, Positive emotions.
- Openness to Experience - Fantasy, Aesthetics, Feelings, Actions, Ideas, Values.
- Agreeableness - Trust, Straightforwardness, Altruism, Compliance, Modesty, Tendermindedness.
- Conscientiousness - Competence, Order, Dutifulness, Achievement-striving, Self-discipline, Deliberation.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The NEO PI-3™ is useful for:
- Employee recruitment and selection
- Individual development
- Clinical and counselling environments
- Career counselling and educational psychology
- Psychological research.
- NEO PI-3 Interpretive Report: This provides a graphic display of scores on each of the five factors and their corresponding facets and interpretation.
- NEO-PI-3 Summary Report: This summarises the personality profile and may be shared with candidates.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
South African research is available for the NEO PI-3™ in terms of its applicability in the South African context. JVR Psychometrics also welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies in their organisations.
Individuals 12 years and older
35-45 minutes (240 items)
Client Services / Computer-Based / Hand-scoring
Integrated report options