The WRAT5 provides an accurate and easy-to-administer way to assess and monitor reading, spelling, and math skills, and helps identify possible learning disabilities. The assessment allows the standardisation benefit of being able to assess learners of all ages withthe same assessment, of screening individuals or small groups with some subtests to help identify those requiring a more comprehensive academic achievement evaluation.
AREA OF APPLICATION
Used in educational settings, the WRAT5 enables teachers and educational practitioners to:
- Screen for students who may need comprehensive academic achievement evaluations, interventions or extra help
- Identify possiblelearning disabilities
Only subtests that are of interest need to be administered, which can be useful in reducing administration time for the WRAT5.
- Word Readingmeasures untimed letter identification and word recognition.
- Sentence Comprehension measures the ability to identify the meaning of words and comprehend the ideas and information in a sentence
- A Reading Composite score is created by combining the Word Reading and Sentence Comprehension standard scores.
- Spellingmeasures an individual's ability to write letters and words from dictation without a time limit.
- Math Computation measures an individual's ability to count, identify numbers, solve simple oral math problems, and calculate written math problems with a time limit.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
Although South African research is not currently available for the WRAT5, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies.
Individuals ages 5 - 85 years
15 - 45 minutes (age dependent)
Integrated report options
© 2021 Pearson, All rights reserved