The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fifth UK Edition (WISC-V UK) provides a comprehensive assessment of a child's overall cognitive abilities, as well as five specific cognitive domains that impact performance in the classroom and beyond.
- Full Scale: Verbal Comprehension (Similarities, Vocabulary, Information andComprehension), Visual Spatial (Block Design and Visual Puzzles), Fluid Reasoning(Matrix Reasoning, Figure Weights, Picture Concepts and Arithmetic), Working Memory(Digit Span, Picture Span and Letter-Number Sequencing) and Processing Speed(Coding, Symbol Search and Cancellation).
- Primary Index Scales: Verbal Comprehension Index (VCI) – consisting of the Similarity and Vocabulary subtests, Visual Spatial Index (VSI) – consisting of the Block Design and Visual Puzzles subtests, Fluid Reasoning Index (FRI) – consisting ofthe Matrix Reasoning and Figure Weights subtests, Working Memory Index (WMI) – consisting of the Digit Span and Picture Span subtests, and Processing Speed Index (PSI) –consisting of the Coding and Symbol Search subtests.
- Ancillary Index Scales: Quantitative Reasoning Index (QRI) – as determined by the Figure Weights and Arithmetic subtests, Auditory Working Memory Index (AWMI) – as determined by the Digit Spanand Letter - Number Sequencing subtests, Nonverbal Index (NVI) – as determined by the Block Design, Visual Puzzles, Matrix Reasoning, Figure Weights, Picture Span and Coding subtests, General Ability Index (GAI) – as determined by the Similarities, Vocabulary, Block Design, Matrix Reasoning and Figure Weights subtests, and the Cognitive Proficiency Index (CPI) – as determined by the Digit Span, Picture Span, Coding and Symbol Search subtests.
- Complementary Index Scales: Naming Speed Index (NSI), Symbol Translation Index (STI), Storage and Retrieval Index (SRI)
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The WISC-V can be used in diverse applications such as:
- identifying intellectual disabilities
- identifying and diagnosing learning disabilities/disorders
- evaluating of cognitive processing strengths and weaknesses
- assessing for giftedness
- assessing the impact of brain injuries
Since the WISC-V is only available in the paper and pencil, hand-scorable version in South Africa, there are currently no software reports available.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
Although South African research is not currently available for the WISC-V, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies.
Children 6 years 0 months to 16 years 11 months
60 minutes for core subtests
Integrated report options
© 2021 Pearson, All rights reserved