The TriMaths suite of assessments, Mathematics Vocabulary (Primary) MV(P), Study Orientation Questionnaire in Maths (Primary) SOM(P), and the Basic Mathematics (Primary) BM(P), evaluates a learner’s study orientation, knowledge of the vocabulary of mathematics, and performance in mathematics. The results help teachers and psychologists plan, implement and assess intervention to improve primary school learners’ knowledge of the vocabulary of mathematics during the early years of schooling.
- Study Orientation Questionnaire in Maths (Primary) SOM(P)–assesses students’
- Study Attitude-their “mathematical world view” about the self, the nature of mathematics, and the nature of learning mathematics
- Mathematics Anxiety-whether they panic, experience emotional disturbance, emotional liability and self-doubt
- Study Habits-their time management, focus, and consistent study habits)
- Basic Mathematics (Primary) BM(P) – assesses basic cognitive skills such as Numbers (multiplication, subtraction, division, addition, as well as decimal fractions,estimation, percentages), Number Patterns, Measurement of temperature, length, perimeter, Shape and Space, and Data Handling of a basic graph
- Mathematics Vocabulary (Primary) MV(P) – assesses students’ mathematical language proficiency by Numbers (Computation and fractions), Number Patterns, Measurement of time and length, Shape and Space.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The TriMaths can be used for the following purposes:
- Familiarise learners with certain basic principles of effective study in mathematics, as well as the important role ofstudy conditions, including motivation and background factors, in academic success.
- Identify potential problems in a learner’s basic mathematical conceptual knowledge or understanding.
- Identify learners' potentially inadequate mathematical language proficiency.
Since the Tri-Maths is a hand-scored assessment battery, there are currently no software reports available.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
The TriMaths is a South African-developed product, with South African norms. Furthermore, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies.
15 - 25 minutes per test
English, Afrikaans, Zulu, and Portuguese
Integrated report options
© 2022 JvR Psychometrics. All rights reserved