The rationale behind Profile:Match2 is that personality influences behaviour, which may then either enhance or diminish our to on-the-job performance. By mapping personality factors as measured by the Five Factor Model to observable behavioural competencies, practitioners can determine the biases and dispositional tendencies that people may have .Although there is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ personality profile since they can all work to the benefit of performance, certain competencies, or personality characteristics, have been shown to ‘fit’ better to certain tasks and jobs. Candidates receive a tailored questionnaire in accordance to the requirements of the specific job they are applying for, and the report incorporates analysis of the behaviours and competencies that are critical to success in that role.
The Profile:Match2 assessments draw from an item bank built around the Five Factor Model of personality. Each assessment utilises an item set focused on the specific competencies identified as necessary for success in that role. The library of competencies is grouped into five overarching sections:
- Goal Seeking–delegating,independence, managing change, persuasive communication, project management, results orientation
- Organisation–attention to detail, commitment, information management, planning and organising
- Interpersonal–communication skills, customer focus, developing others, interpersonal skills, people management and team orientation
- Enterprise–leadership potential, motivation, resilience, risk taking, self confidence
- Strategy–analytic,creative, decision making, flexibility, problem solving, strategic awareness
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The Profile:Match2 can be used in various contexts, especially within:
- Applicant ‘sifting’
- Staff Selection
- Customer service
- Employee development
- 360 Appraisals
- Coaching interventions
- Leadership development
Reports are in-depth yet highly accessible and easily interpreted by all decision-makers, as they are written in terms of workplace competencies. Providing seamless and consistent insights across the employee lifecycle, there are tailored reportsfor each role and stage in the employee ‘life cycle’:
- Job Analysis Survey(JAS): Online survey questionnaire that gathers information about any job from managers, supervisors or employees that have done thejob or know it well (free survey).
- Sifting Report: Simplified one-page summary of key findings,designed to assist in short-listing the most likely prospects from a wider pool of candidates (can be upgraded to Selection Report for shortlisted candidates).
- Selection Report: Assesses a person's underlying temperament related to specific competencies identified as being important for the specific role they are applying for.
- Personal Development Report: Explores individual’s personality characteristics using either specificallyselected competencies or the comprehensive framework of 10 generic competencies (Generic10TM), identifyingspecific strengths and limitations which raise self-awareness and identification of personal development goals.
- MATCH:UP™: Used either by a coach or by the individual themselves, provides step-by-step guidance online for personal development planning, making thevaluable insights from either thePersonal Development or 360° Reportsmore client-friendly.
- P:M360 Report™: Can be based on the key competencies previously identified for any role, on Generic10TM or on the leadership set of competencies. In this approach, an individual’s self-ratings of performance are compared to observer ratings from their line manager, their peers, direct reports or clients. Uniquelyin the P:M360™ system, normative performance ratings are considered against the background of candidate potential -the extent to which their personality is likely to facilitate performance.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
Although South African research is not currently available for the Profile:Match2,JvR Psychometricswelcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies in their organisations.
Individuals 18 years and older
Integrated report options
© 2022 Psychological Consultancy Limited