The Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT™) provides a valuable means toobjectively measure how well people perform tasks and solve problems of an emotional nature,rather than having them provide their own subjective assessment of their emotional skills. It doesthis by evaluating Emotional Intelligence through a series of impersonal questions that establishes acandidate’s ability to perceive, use, understand, and regulate their emotions.
The MSCEIT™ works with a four-branch model to measure emotional intelligence:
- PERCEIVING EMOTIONS: ability to perceive emotions in oneself and others, as well as in objects, art, stories, music, and other stimuli.
- FACILITATING THOUGHT: ability to generate, use, and feel emotion as necessary to communicate feelings or employ them in cognitive processes.
- UNDERSTANDING EMOTIONS: ability to understand emotional information, how emotions combine and progress through emotional transitions, and to appreciate such emotional meanings.
- MANAGING EMOTIONS: ability to be open to feelings and to modulate them in oneself and others to promote personal understanding and growth.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
- Corporate settings
- Educational settings
- Clinical settings
- Correctional facilities
- Research settings
- PERSONAL SUMMARY REPORT: presents scores graphically and numerically along with scale descriptions and a summary of responses.
- RESOURCE REPORT: designed as a very thorough and easily understood feedback tool for use with respondents.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
South African research is available using the MSCEIT™ to explore emotional intelligence as having state and trait constructs. A MSCEIT Youth Research Version (YRV) is also available for both online and paper administration for assessing children between the ages of 10 and 18. JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies in their organisations.
Individuals ages 17 and older
30 - 45 minutes
Integrated report options
© 2021 Multi-Health Systems Inc., All rights reserved.