The Comprehensive Executive Function Inventory (CEFI)is a comprehensive, multi-rater behaviour scale that has been developed to measure a wide spectrum of behaviours, such as problem solving and reasoning, associated with executive functioning.This informationcan be used to guide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning as well as evaluate the success of intervention programs.
The CEFI utilises nine scales to pinpoint targets for intervention:
- Attention-how well a youth can avoid distractions, concentrate on tasks, and sustain attention
- Emotion Regulation–reflectsa youth's control and management of emotions
- Flexibility-how well a youth can adapt to circumstances, including problem-solving ability
- Inhibitory Control-indicatesa youth's control over behaviour or impulses
- Initiation-describes a youth's ability to begin tasks or projects without being prompted
- Organisation-describes how well a youth manages personal effects, work, or multiple tasks
- Planning-reflects how well a youth develops and implements strategies to accomplish tasks
- Self-Monitoring-measuresa youth's self-evaluation of his/her performance or behaviour
- Working Memory-assesses how a youth keeps important information in mind in order that is important to remember to know what to do and how to do it, including remembering important things, instructions, and steps
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The CEFI is intended for use by psychologists to:
- Aid in diagnosis and plan interventions
- Evaluate the success of treatment programs
- Use in a variety of research contexts
- Interpretive Report: provides detailed results from one administration.
- Progress Monitoring and Treatment Effectiveness Report: provides an evaluation of score changes overtime by combining results from the same rater for up to four administrations.
- Comparative Report: provides analysis ofscores from two to five different raters.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
Although South African research and norms are not yet available for the CEFI, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies in their practices.
Individuals ages 5 - 18 years
Integrated report options
© 2023 Multi-Health Systems Inc., All rights reserved.