The ASA is a quick and reliable screening tool for early identification of early auditory and phonological difficulties in young children. By assessing auditory skills critical to the development of oral and written language skills, the ASA serves as aperfect companion to routine hearing screenings in young children and can provide an early warning indicator if necessary.
- Speech Discrimination Domain:
- Speech Discrimination in Noise – discriminate words spoken against a conversational background noise
- Mimicry – repeat a spoken nonsense word
- Phonological Awareness Domain:
- Blending – recognise and say a word after hearing its syllables spoken in parts
- Rhyming – indicate if two spoken words rhyme
- Nonspeech Processing Domain:
- Tonal Discrimination – indicate if two musical tones are from the same instrument
- Tonal Patterning – indicate which of two musical tones was presented last
AREAS OF APPLICATION
This screener provides accurate, developmentally based results to help determine which children may need follow-up, intervention, or further evaluation.
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
Although South African research is not currently available, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients in conducting research studies in their practices.
Individuals 3-6 years old
Integrated report options
© 2021 © Pearson. All rights reserved.