The Locus of Control Inventory (LCI) 5th edition, is a multidimensional measure of locus of control. The LCI is a South African assessment designed to measure this core psychological construct known as locus of control. Locus of control refers to the extent to which individuals believe that they are in control of their lives in general. This personality construct in turn affects anarray of important issues, for example attitude, emotional health, and academic success, to name a few.
- Internal Locus of Control: People whobelieve they are responsible for their own achievements, and that their personal objectives depend on themselves.
- External Locus of Control: People with an external control orientation believe in random fortunes and events.
- Autonomy: A person’s tendency to attempt to master, or be effective in their own environment.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The LCI can be used for:
- General employee selection and development
- Employee engagement interventions
LCI Profile Report: provides tabled stanines with descriptions on the 3 assessment scales
SOUTH AFRICAN RESEARCH
The LCI is a South African-developed product. It is well-researched in the South African context and has been demonstrated to work effectively across cultures and language groups. South African research on the relationship between the LCI scales and personality, work performance and wellbeing is available. Furthermore, JVR Psychometrics welcomes the opportunity to partner with clients to conduct research with the LCI in their organisations.
Individuals 16 years and older
15-30 minutes (45 items)
JvR Online/Data Capturing by Client Services
Integrated report options
© 2023 JvR Psychometrics. All rights reserved.