Terms of Business
Access to Information
Updated: 2 June 2022Download as PDF
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on our country, the sub-Saharan region, and the world. The impact has been particularly severe on the health and well-being of people in addition to the economy. In April 2022, the World Health Organization (WHO - 24 April 2022) reported that more than 500 million COVID cases have been identified internationally. Of these, about 6 million people lost their lives and many lost their health and their livelihoods. At the same time, South Africa reported that the pandemic affected 3.9 million people of which more than 100,000 lost their lives. It is accepted that the reported deaths are a significant underestimation of the true numbers. It is also true that the pandemic is still circulating and continues to affect people's lives and livelihoods. It has become a reality that all people, businesses, and countries have learnt to live with.
COVID-19 has had and continues to have a significant impact on the economy. Lockdown restrictions have further exacerbated Southern Africa’s exceedingly high rates of unemployment, business closures, economic hardship, and extreme levels of poverty.
For businesses and society to survive the COVID-19 pandemic, also required significant investment in technology and enhanced digital learning. This trend provided additional challenges to businesses and the broader society.
The JVR Group of Companies, working in the context of optimising talent identification and talent development, are acutely aware of the broad impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on society, businesses, all our clients, as well as our employees. This document serves to formulate our implementation of protocols and management of the impact and consequences of the pandemic.
To clarify the JVR Group of Company’s position and management of COVID-19 responsibilities.
Implementation and Management
The implementation and management of these requirements include the following:
Prescribed and Required Head Office Protocols
- Strict COVID-19 protocols as prescribed by the South African Government are maintained at the JVR Head Office. This includes ensuring hygiene, temperature monitoring, and completing a questionnaire regarding exposure to COVID-19, current symptoms, and illness an employee or visitor may have. Such information is immediately managed should any risk arise.
- JVR offices are deep cleansed every week.
- All employees and visitors are required to wear masks, retain personal distance, and ensure adequate ventilation throughout their working day.
- Strategies are in place to manage any outbreak of the disease should this be required.
Employees and Vaccination
- The JVR Group of Businesses are pro vaccination.
- All employees are provided with all the required scientific, factual, and verified information to make an informed choice on receiving full vaccination.
- As is reflected on regular HR (Human Resources) audits, the vast majority of JVR employees are fully vaccinated.
- Employees who have direct contact with clients and are client-facing are required by JVR to be fully vaccinated.
- Compliance with all regulations and protocols is further reinforced with a range of Corporate and HR policies.
Virtual Work/Working from Home
- The COVID-19 lockdown required the JVR Group of Companies to provide all their products and services electronically and virtually. This was done with remarkable success and remains a significant and preferred business offer to clients.
- JVR’s Head Office remains open and is used for operational work, client meetings, culture building- and social events, as well as providing a reliable infrastructure during power outages.
- The majority of JVR employees remain working virtually/from home and provide the entire range of JVR products, services, training, and support virtually and electronically. The success of this way of working is continuously tracked in business metrics and feedback from clients is highly appreciated.
In-person Work with Clients
- JVR regards our clients as trusted partners and on request participate in offering professional services, training, facilitation, or other in-person meetings.
- Face-to-face meetings, if appropriate and required, can be scheduled at the JVR offices or at the offices of clients where JVR will inquire about the COVID protocols to ensure the safety and health of our own employees.
JVR is committed to play a responsible role in limiting any further outbreaks of the COVID-19 virus and its devastating effect on people, business, and the economy.