Myers-Briggs Type Indicator(MBTI)
- Report Options
- How To Order
Author: Isabel B. Myers and Katharine C. Briggs
|Purpose||To assess personality type/preference on four dimensions|
|Administer To||Individuals 14 years and older|
|Reading/Education Level||7th Grade|
|Administration Time||15 – 30 minutes (number of items depend on form used)|
|Scoring Options||JvR Online / Bureau Service/ Hand-scoring|
|Publication Date||First Publication: 1962; Form M: 1998; Form Q: 2001|
|International Qualification Level||B|
|HPCSA||Resubmitted March 2015|
|Training||Compulsory 4 day Accreditation Training|
|Language/s:||English, Afrikaans (+ 21 languages)|
The MBTI® instrument helps people transform themselves by giving them a powerful tool for improving how they communicate, learn, and work. For more than 50 years, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) instrument has helped millions of individuals throughout the world gain insight into themselves and how they interact with others.
The instrument is scored using item response theory (IRT), one of the most powerful item-rating methods in modern test theory, ensuring the most accurate prediction of a person’s true type.
- Form M (Step I) includes 93 items and provides the basic MBTI® four-letter type.
- Form Q (Step II) includes 144 items and provides the basic MBTI® four-letter type and results on 20 facets of that type. It is the next step in personal and professional development using the MBTI® assessment. Form Q drills down to a finer level of detail to explore personal variation within each type.
Isabel Myers’ unique implementation of Carl Jung’s theory of psychological type, the MBTI® instrument, determines references on four dichotomies:
- Extraversion – Introversion
- Sensing – Intuition
- Thinking – Feeling
- Judging – Perceiving
Combinations of these preferences result in 16 distinct personality types.
Areas of application
The MBTI® is useful in development areas including:
- Personnel development
- Career transitions
- Educational settings
- Leadership development
Step I – Form M
- Profile, College Edition
- Personal Impact Report
- Career Report
- Interpretive Report
- Interpretive Report, College Edition
- Interpretive Report for Organisations
- Team Report
- Team Facilitator Report
- Communication Style Report
- Report for Healthcare Professionals
- Decision-Making Style Report
- Stress Management Report
- Work Styles Report
- Conflict Style Report
Step II Reports ( Form Q)
Strong and MBTI Combined Reports
How to order printed material
- Download Order Form.
- Submit your order form to one of the following offices:
How to order Electronic Reports
- This assessment is available on the JvR Online user portal, which enables you to manage the full assessment process.
- To apply for your own personalised JvR Online user portal, please click here.
Terms & Conditions
- Additional fees will be applicable when requesting Client Services to assist with administration (only applicable where user portals are available and a client chooses not to make use of this facility)
- Material / Reports only available to suitably qualified users
- Prices as quoted may change without prior notice
- Errors and omissions excepted
- Courier costs are not included in the above quoted prices
JvR may have to order some of the above items. In such instances delivery times will be extended
JvR Academy provides compulsory 4 day accreditation training for MBTI®