Resilience and Stress are closely related concepts and areas of development for many of us. Resilience is a skill and ability that is a result of stress and challenging circumstances that we find ourselves in. Stress management is also an ability that we can and should learn in order to cope better with the day to day demands which impacts directly on our health and performance. As individuals in the working and social environment we face barriers and take knocks as life unfolds. Learning to be resilient is imperative if we wish to remain on top of our performance and careers.
In this programme you will learn about:
- The linkage between resilience, perseverance and tenacity
- Individual models of change (both life and work change)
- Managing yourself in change
- Influencing and developing self-regard
- Developing your optimism
- Testing your assumptions and reframe events
- Managing your thinking –
- An awareness of your Locus of Control:
- Developing the personal qualities and characteristics of Resilience
- Time Management essentials
- Goal setting
- Stress management
Who should attend?
Any staff member who has a need to manage themselves and their stressors better and to enhance their ability to bounce back from adversity
DISCLAIMER: Presenters and attendees of all CPD activities must please note that the attainment of continuing education units (CEUs) does not licence any professional to practice outside their official scope of practice. CEUs are intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals but do not constitute professional training. Professionals should be registered with the HPCSA to perform any psychological act.