Some people negotiate better than others and as a result they get more out of life than most, mainly because of the way they listen and get their viewpoint or message across. The skilled negotiators are the ones who are able to get inside another person’s mind and know which strings to pull to achieve results.
Not only do they have excellent verbal communication and persuasion skills, but they also use body language in the gentle art of persuasion and influencing people. They also know themselves, their needs, ways and goals, and read and interpret people, situations and emotions correctly. The question is – can one learn these skills? The answer is positive – and this is what the workshop teaches you.
- use the following critical skills required to negotiate win-win agreements:
- Building trusting relationships
- Reading body language
- Asking questions
- Managing feelings
- Persuading others
- Using silence
- Presenting their case
- Closing deals
- capitalise on your strengths and continue to develop your shortcomings in negotiations
- increase the size of the negotiation pie
- manage the balance of power between the different role players
- successfully implement a negotiation process from beginning to end
- negotiate effectively with clients, suppliers, colleagues, management and family members
- negotiate mutually beneficial, win-win agreements in your private and professional live
- maintain effective long-term relationships with “the other side”, in spite of getting what you want out of negotiations.
Who should attend?
Individuals and business professionals who want to become skilled negotiators.
DISCLAIMER: Presenters and attendees of all CPD activities must please note that the attainment of continuing education units (CEUs) does not licence any professional to practice outside their official scope of practice. CEUs are intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals but do not constitute professional training. Professionals should be registered with the HPCSA to perform any psychological act.