Harmonious cross-cultural interactions require high levels of emotional maturity, honesty and sensitivity. We need to get to know and appreciate each other as human beings to really appreciate and respect each other’s uniqueness. We should also understand that most people share the same emotional needs and wants.
The workshop is interactive and its success depends largely on the input of participants. Participants in the diversity workshop should ideally represent a vertical cut of an organisation, including management and non-management employees.
In this course you will learn how to:
- explain why diversity matters to companies, teams and individuals
- know how to create diversity sensitivity and awareness
- identify your own beliefs about diversity
- re-evaluate those beliefs
- recognise your own and other people’s prejudice towards others
- understand the cultural interpretation of body language
- understand how perceptions impact on decision-making and behaviour
- distinguish between prejudice, discrimination and related concepts
- discover similarities as a basis for mutual understanding
- know how to communicate effectively with a variety of different people
- value diversity in the workplace
Who should attend?
Organisations who is committed to valuing a diverse workforce.
DISCLAIMER: Presenters and attendees of all CPD activities must please note that the attainment of continuing education units (CEUs) does not licence any professional to practice outside their official scope of practice. CEUs are intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals but do not constitute professional training. Professionals should be registered with the HPCSA to perform any psychological act.