The role of leader in today’s business environment is a crucial one which has a direct impact on engagement, retention, employee effort and motivation levels. All of these factors in turn directly affect the bottom line of the business. Developing an organisation’s current and leadership pipeline skills is a non-negotiable in successful businesses. Having both great leaders and managers in any business is a significant competitive edge. Each programme is developed and customised for the appropriate business context and needs.
In this programme you will learn about:
- the role of the leader
- differences between leaders and managers (and the need for both)
- the leader’s presence
- change as the realm of the leader
- diversity management and appreciation
- emotional intelligence (assessments and feedback)
- personality TYPE (assessments and feedback)
- 360-degree feedback (assessments and feedback)
- communication skills, assertiveness and conflict handling skills
- performance management, feedback skills and having difficult discussions
- persuasion and influence
- team basics and high performance teams
Who should attend?
Any prospective manager/supervisor or new and existing manager/leader/supervisor in a business who needs to enhance their impact on staff, teams and their performance.
DISCLAIMER: Presenters and attendees of all CPD activities must please note that the attainment of continuing education units (CEUs) does not licence any professional to practice outside their official scope of practice. CEUs are intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals but do not constitute professional training. Professionals should be registered with the HPCSA to perform any psychological act.